Bore scope.

riverboss

12 pointer
Jan 26, 2009
northern ky
If anyone has ever been wanting a good bore scope but price scared them off try one of these $55.00 on Amazon and man do they work!
20 caliber and up I got the one that works on a android phone then Beauhunter hooked me up on setting it up which was very simple.

Jmd

6 pointer
Sep 26, 2016
just bought a bore scope, $30 off Amazon, piece of junk, assembled,put in bore and lined up the scope with the laser. Put the gun in a shooting rest, took the bore scope out and reinstalled. Laser ws 4 in off from the originol line up. Do not waste your money on a cheap one.

CalebConn16

8 pointer
May 27, 2016
just bought a bore scope, $30 off Amazon, piece of junk, assembled,put in bore and lined up the scope with the laser. Put the gun in a shooting rest, took the bore scope out and reinstalled. Laser ws 4 in off from the originol line up. Do not waste your money on a cheap one.
I think you mean bore sighter. Big difference. A bore scope is a camera to run down your gun to check your bore

RLWEBB

12 pointer
Nov 30, 2005
Staffordsville, KY
What @CalebConn16 said. Talking two totally different tools.

1wildcatfan

12 pointer
Jan 2, 2009
raised n Bullitt Co.
Not the same thing.

riverboss

12 pointer
Jan 26, 2009
northern ky
Yes totally different thing, I have a Bushnell bore sighter won't even get you on paper! Take out the bolt and look threw the barrel adjust the scope is the best way.

Jmd

6 pointer
Sep 26, 2016
Yes totally different thing, I have a Bushnell bore sighter won't even get you on paper! Take out the bolt and look threw the barrel adjust the scope is the best way.
you are correct, was so pissed off I did not correct myself!

mwezell

12 pointer
Jan 22, 2006
Auburn, KY
I
If anyone has ever been wanting a good bore scope but price scared them off try one of these $55.00 on Amazon and man do they work!
20 caliber and up I got the one that works on a android phone then Beauhunter hooked me up on setting it up which was very simple.
'm guessing you're referring to the Teslong borescope. I've owned a Hawkeye, which is the Cadillac but is expensive. I've also had other fiber optic borescopes that left a lot to be desired. I guess the technology has finally gotten to the point where the inexpensive fiber optic borescopes can actuall rival the medical grade optical models. Pretty amazinghow far they've come in a short period. The hawkeye is still a little better but no longer enough to justify the cost. I paid like $1700 for my Hawkeye kit several years ago.At the time, there was nothing even close to them.
Here's pic or the throat of a custom bbl that I chambered up at some point a while back. The image quality is pretty impressive for $55, that's for sure. This is a premium barrel and a custom chambering job. You really don't wanna compare it to a factory Savage! Lol! It'll scare you to death, how ugly a Savage bbl is.
1667674523676.png

mwezell

12 pointer
Jan 22, 2006
Auburn, KY
Here's a Savage with about 300 rounds down the pipe. Better than the average Savage. Not knocking Savage. They shoot better than they look. This Pic is on down the barrel a bit. They all look better there.

Attachments

• Photo_20221105144356.jpg
    Photo_20221105144356.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

mwezell

12 pointer
Jan 22, 2006
Auburn, KY
Here's a cheap custom bbl. They're actually not bad for the price. It's a ss Wilson, which now owns Cooper firearms. Not benchrest quality but solid hunting barrels and they are machine lapped, where most cheaper bbls are not. Less than 100 rounds on this one. First load I threw at it shot 5/8" groups. I think I'll find something a little better. My std for a hunting rifle is 1/2" 3 shot groups. They're aren't done until they do that or a little better. Some are way better and a few will be right at that 1/2".
In a hunting rifle, there are just way more factors to shooting small than what it CAN do from a bench, obviously. But if I miss with a 1/2" hunting rifle, it wasn't the gun's fault.

edited...

Attachments

• Photo_20221105144702.jpg
    Photo_20221105144702.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

riverboss

12 pointer
Jan 26, 2009
northern ky
Your right about those savage barrels being rough but man they sure shoot!
The 2 to the right are at 250 yrds the other one is 400 yrds off the hood of my jeep using a coat for a rest.
I love this leupold scope cds dial, I don't think my cross hairs are straight up and down and when I dial it up it causing it to shoot to the left but I will just remember it and adjust accordingly till after this season.
20221105_185810_copy_1248x1664.jpg