Brewster-The Beast

HuntressOfLight

12 pointer
Nov 23, 2019
Guarding my lovely bluebirds
The massive chocolate lab is out romping the subdivision, after having placed multiple scratches on the driver's door of a brand new Ford pick-up truck. I had told the man not come over here again. Off to look for the beast, before the man potentially shoots him or contacts LE. The man knows the beast does not belong to me, because he made inquiry, directly prior. That's what the man gets for being relentlessly aggressive, pulling up in the driveway time and time again, uninvited, even after I told him such was improper behavior.

HuntressOfLight

12 pointer
Nov 23, 2019
No luck. It would seem that Brewster decided to finally return home, wherever that may happen to be, in the light rain. I believe he lives here in the subdivision, and probably back by one of the ponds. I did see one goose on the pond, while back there, and it had a long neck with a white stripe across its eye.

Brewster isn't a field lab and is quite muscular, with a great disposition. I do notice that whomever owns him has much trouble keeping him, though, and needs to work much harder with him. I was working with him a bit, whenever he would show and prefer to remain with me and my dogs for a few days each time, eventually returning home.

I eventually decided that he must have a master, being that after I placed a makeshift collar upon him with note he had been treated for fleas, it was removed, periodically switched with one of two others. I put my address and a contact number on the note last year, but nobody ever called. I took him for scanning to no avail. The veterinarian failed to recognize him, weighing him in around 72 and estimated two years old.

He is well fed and obeys basic commands. I simply think he must lack companionship during the daytime and becomes bored, or his master simply permits him to run. He will eventually show up again, just like that man. They always do. I told colonel about the man, being that they are old friends. He agreed that the man deserved to have his paint scratched.

Last edited:

HuntressOfLight

12 pointer
Nov 23, 2019
Be careful, this man sounds off.

Maybe. He is a much older man whom recently lost his wife, maybe two years ago, and so I have compassion in that regard, but a man is simply not to show up at a lady's house unannounced nor uninvited. It does not matter how many times nor ways in which I politely explain such to the man. He is highly aware that I am well protected in more ways than one and is simply brazen, which agitates me to no end. I have had to deal with stalkers in the past, and it's difficult to consider him as such, being that he is colonel's old fishing partner. I do not wish to involve the commonwealth attorney, which is the reason I finally relayed such to colonel, and I may relay such to the previously mentioned marine, because I have had enough of it. The problem is that the man lives within my subdivision, making the situation even more delicate.

Back to Brewster. I have been reading about tracking devices, so that I may finally determine whom his master happens to be. I imagine that whomever will notice that he is no longer profusely scratching, but I am concerned about him being inadvertantly double dosed with treatment, being that I did not have time to make a note for his master. I also wish to know, because I become concerned to let him outside just prior to dusk, afraid he won't return home and maybe wander off toward some tricky female coyote on the edge of the subdivision, being that he is still a dumb pup. I don't wish to spend a lot on a collar, of course, because such type is unnecessary for my own dogs. I also do not wish to run all through this phone, being that I cannot download apps, but I could do it through my desktop, once I finally mess with it. Any suggestions? This is what I was reading

https://petlifetoday.com/best-gps-dog-trackers/

HuntressOfLight

12 pointer
Nov 23, 2019
Good news, Brewster the Beast is alive and well !

He came to a back door, gave one friendly hello bark announcing his arrival, as he did the very first time we met, late one evening last year. He was soaking wet from the neck down, advising me he had been swimming in one of the ponds, probably chasing a goose.

He is now inside and toweled dry, after shivering during the process. I think that I shall simply go every other door to door with him on lead, making inquiry as to ownership, some time next month, as oppossed to wasting money on a collar, being that I already spend enough upon him. He is without a collar again today, interestingly, enough.

Meanwhile, the pickup driver drove by yesterday, spotted me in the yard and tapped his horn, as oppossed to whipping it in my driveway, which is progress. Perhaps the scratched door was enough and/or perhaps he received additional warning. Time will tell.

HuntressOfLight

12 pointer
Nov 23, 2019
And a man....if that’s magically possible.

Don't need a man, but a country cabana boy may soon appear, and perhaps he can locate my sunglasses down near the field, being that a low hanging limb slapped them clear off the top of my head not long ago, while mowing the hill at warp speed. Searched to no avail, too dark to see now, but I did just hear geese, at least, and many of them. Anyway, cabana boy's first task will be tilling the garden, for my veggies, herbs, and fruits soon to go into the soil, if the contact for all of them soon visits the place where I purchased my hummingbird feeders and petunias; otherwise, I shall simply till all myself.

HuntressOfLight

12 pointer
Nov 23, 2019

No sir, but one text me at blooming 6AM this morning, and then colonel called at 7AM. Only men do crazy things like that. I was in the midst of my beauty sleep and ignored both of them. Speaking of beauty, the 6AMer refused to trim my hair late last night, too skerd to do so... :rolleyes: It's now past the dimples in my lower back and in severe need; so, I'm going to attempt it myself, once fully awake. Sunglasses were found on the kitchen counter. Branch hit my hair barrette, tricking me into believing otherwise. Meanwhile, Brewster the Beast remains and now has a full belly, all curled up at my feet.

beauhunter41031

12 pointer
Jan 1, 2018
Cynthiana, Ky
No sir, but one text me at blooming 6AM this morning, and then colonel called at 7AM. Only men do crazy things like that. I was in the midst of my beauty sleep and ignored both of them. Speaking of beauty, the 6AMer refused to trim my hair late last night, too skerd to do so... :rolleyes: It's now past the dimples in my lower back and in severe need; so, I'm going to attempt it myself, once fully awake. Sunglasses were found on the kitchen counter. Branch hit my hair barrette, tricking me into believing otherwise. Meanwhile, Brewster the Beast remains and now has a full belly, all curled up at my feet.

What does your dog think about you moving Brewster into the house I’d say he or she isn’t happy losing the attention. Actually second question how long have you been living where you are. Is it possible that that dog just roams around the neighborhood like that all the time and probably has an owner somewhat close

HuntressOfLight

12 pointer
Nov 23, 2019
:eek::eek: Back Hair!!! I'm tellin y'all "Beans & Franks ,Beans & Franks"

Lol, not back hair, silly. Never did have time to try and trim my hair today, too busy, hopefully tomorrow, and a deep condition treatment for it, as well. I think half of what I used the weedeater on today ended up in my hair...feels gross. :(

Or a woman..o_Oo_O

Nope, don't even like talking to most women.

What does your dog think about you moving Brewster into the house I’d say he or she isn’t happy losing the attention. Actually second question how long have you been living where you are. Is it possible that that dog just roams around the neighborhood like that all the time and probably has an owner somewhat close

All of my dogs, including the beast, were ecstatic upon my return home this evening, even though I'm too exhausted to mess with them or even type much. We were in the yard all day long together, and I included them in each of my tasks. My male dog is the alpha of the pack, no problems (he is alpha with all dogs in the s/d).

I properly introduced them last year, when the beast was even more puppy in nature. If he had been more mature, a bit more work would have been required. I did let the neighbor's massive golden retriever out today, and he and the beast started to go at it, but I quickly broke them apart. I had to take much time introducing them last year and wasn't sure how it would end, being that the beast naturally sought to protect me. What they did today was only warning to each other in reestablishing hierarchy. The beast could easily take him and let's him know it, even though the friendly retriever towers over him. All went well after that.

Yes, he belongs to someone, but I don't know who that is, as of yet. His nails are trimmed. He simply prefers me and my dogs.

Last edited:

High Rack

12 pointer
Dec 21, 2009
in the hills
Lol, not back hair, silly. Never did have time to try and trim my hair today, too busy, hopefully tomorrow, and a deep condition treatment for it, as well. I think half of what I used the weedeater on today ended up in my hair...feels gross. :(

Hell, you is a tough old blue bird to use a weed wacker on your hair. I know the women folk are looking pretty shamble'y these days not being able to get in the local beautification center, but you done took it to another level.........Your gonna need a bowl and a mule soon.

Latest posts