Brewster-The Beast

HuntressOfLight

12 pointer
Nov 23, 2019
Guarding my lovely bluebirds
I’ve got to hand it to ya... No matter how much flack these guys give ya, you just keep on ticking away without showing any sign of them getting a rise out of you. Well played...

Well, thank you very much, Sir. Four hellion brothers, no sisters, and a colonel as our father; it's an understatement claiming to be well conditioned at dishing out more than received, lol.

I'm happy to report the beast did well at the gas station, even with all the chaos of construction workers. He did have help this time, being that the entire pack was onboard. They are of great assistance in training him. He is a big flirt though, because each time a female walks or jogs past the house, he romps after them and turns on the charm, after intimidating them upon approach merely due to his size. I had to drive and commandeer him moments ago, because he failed his come command during such an incident, and it wasn't the first time, either.

I have read up on the lab/pit mix, learning they can be prone to skin allergies, and he does suffer from them, being that the flea treatment has failed to control his scratching, his eyes frequently require cleansing, and he has occasionally experienced sneezing spells. I was able to easily bathe him last year without issue, but he has resisted thus far. I have a nice oatmeal shampoo which should help him, but he must return to the vet for some medication, in order to become more comfortable.

HuntressOfLight

12 pointer
Nov 23, 2019
The beast has gone AWOL. A 15 minute recon mission throughout the subdivision produced no intel, nor have I received a phone call. It will be interesting to see if his new collar and tags remain on him, the next time that he manages to return.

HuntressOfLight

12 pointer
Nov 23, 2019
Joy Joy, Brewster the Beast finally escaped and was here waiting for me upon return from the gas station down the way! I could not believe my eyes as I drove up to the house, yelling his name as he ran toward my car full tilt speed! He is overweight, because his naughty master obviously has had him pinned up without walking him. He has, at least, placed a GPS collar on him. Well, he will just have to come get my little mole killer, if he wants him, because he likes me much better, ha!

Happy day happy day, my big buddy is back! My lead dog isn't overly thrilled about it but behaving himself. Big buddy has been in the pond and soaking wet; so, no big hugs nor tollong in the grass playing just yet. We're just hanging out on the front porch, even though he wanted to go inside. It's been a long time, and he does look very healthy other than needing some exercise. I did not think the pit/coco lab could possibly become any broader chested, but he most certainly has done so. Such a handsome young man, indeed, all grown-up now. :cool:

HuntressOfLight

12 pointer
Nov 23, 2019
We relocated to Pyroville, so that the two birds nesting near the front porch might return home, and Pyrotime was declared in honor of the beast's return. He began quickly digging for something within half-tilled Tillville not long thereafter. I believe that he was merely playing.

Finally dry, we were able to play before nightfall, and I was able to check him out for it all. No fat as first thought, sheer muscle and merely wide for his believed mix. Twelve (12) inches across the back just past his shoulder blades. I shall have to locate a cloth measurement tape, in order to get around him. Chest measurement impossible at this time, because he is simply too happy to see me. One hundred pounds now, at the very least. Teeth still look good, but closer look will tell more. Dog elbow callouses upon both but no splits and no callouses upon hind legs. Interestingly enough, to still be young he now has a full chin of grey hairs, leading me t8 believe that there must be something to the following:

Does Stress Cause Premature Graying in Dogs?
Anxious and impulsive young dogs may turn prematurely gray.

"...Recent research by a team headed by Camille King of the Canine Education Center in Aurora, Colorado, shows that anxiety and a personality factor called impulsivity can predict premature graying in dogs. Their findings are reported in the journal Applied Animal Behaviour Science.* This was a fairly large study involving 400 dogs from 1 to 4 years of age. Although the study included a variety of different breeds, the researchers had to exclude dogs whose hair color was too light to allow them to see the presence or absence of gray muzzle hair..."

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/...2/does-stress-cause-premature-graying-in-dogs

Munson

12 pointer
Dec 24, 2011
Natural Bridge
Sounds to me like ya need to let the dog be a dog miss pyromaniac. Just my .02 no need for links n such although the mere thought to even Google young dogs turning grey early blows me away haaa

HuntressOfLight

12 pointer
Nov 23, 2019
Sounds to me like ya need to let the dog be a dog miss pyromaniac. Just my .02 no need for links n such although the mere thought to even Google young dogs turning grey early blows me away haaa

Well now, Munson, he is being an excellent dog, quietly lying in the dirt at my feet and keenly listening to the coyotes while guarding me beneath an almost full moon, as we enjoy the warmth of the fire together. He patiently waited until I had finished roasting a polish sausage over the fire and ate most of that nice smelling food, before offering him the last bite. He will soon come inside and receive a bath before the storm arrives, as well. I heard the thunder off in the distance for first time just now, it is becoming cooler, and my wind chimes just sang for the first time, too. All caused me to check radar while typing, noticing potential tornadoes to my south. He will receive a clean, soft, warm blanket after being dried, too. Off we go! If you were only so lucky.
:):p;)

HuntressOfLight

12 pointer
Nov 23, 2019
It's entirely possible that his master called him only moments ago. We were all just sitting here listening to the rain with the door wide open off my bedroom suite, when I heard a female voice call off in the distance. He heard it too and immediately jumped up bolting out the door with his tail wagging, but I quickly called him back out of the rain, and he returned. I then closed the door. Too much bad weather all about to let beast go right now, and especially with coyotes also calling. He is very friendly running toward anyone, even doing so twice today with strangers; so, inside he remains unless a vehicle arrives and my doorbell rings. Nobody around here recognized him last year; therefore, I simply have a feeling it was not his master, being that I did not see car lights over on the next road where the voice came and he went toward just now. Shower time, if I can coax him into it (waaay too big to lift into the jacuzzi tub lol).

HuntressOfLight

12 pointer
Nov 23, 2019
Mission Pitbull Mix Shower accomplished with no issues, to all you Pitbull Scaredy Cats. The lab in him had him drinking from the shower floor as well as the wand, before the soap was dispersed from the bottle lol. All clean, dry and peacefully resting upon his fluffy, warm blanket now, Brewster the Beast.

HuntressOfLight

12 pointer
Nov 23, 2019
No wildbird mixed seed set out this morning in fear of attracting my juvenile squirrels to their unfortunate deaths. Radio collar placed back onto the beast, before permitting him outside alone at 6AM. The beast did a very nice perimeter check and returned within ten minutes; so, I offered him one bowl of dried dog food outside as a precaution, since it's been almost one year that all ate together. He gobbled it down the hatch.

I then let my dogs outside to join the beast, and the morning pee-fest competition commenced with no issues. All have since returned, with the beast now on point lying down outside on the deck just off my bedroom, while my dogs are inside with me. I have intentionally left the door ajar, and the beast has occasionally entered, but he recalls that he is omega within the pack.

A few starlings landed for leftover feed moments ago and were not charged, but as soon as the beast rose to his feet, they quickly flew into the trees. He is now rubbing his back on the grass, still bothered by his apparent allergies. I won't give him any medication for them just yet, since I do not know whether he is currently taking any (doesn't appear to be, poor thing).

The big test has yet to come. I am waiting for the huge klepto golden retriever to be released from his kennel at some point today and bee-line it over here, as he always does. My hope is that I do not have to separate them again. I have my wooden boards and water hose ready, in the event it is not brief like last year. The klepto is aware that the beast has finally returned, because he has walked up to the kennel and greeted him alone. No issues then, but that is because I was not there for them to fight over with one another.

HuntressOfLight

12 pointer
Nov 23, 2019
The beast has bounced between my deck and bedroom all day but gave one of those deep barks before charging out of my room, while I was typing my last post. I know that singular bark of his and immediately knew the neighbor's huge klepto retriever had been released and sensed. I ran out in hot pursuit, discovering as soon as I rounded the other garage that the klepto's master with him; thus, all was good. I was able to call the beast back with no issue. The potential problem may arise, if the klepto ventures over here.

HuntressOfLight

12 pointer
Nov 23, 2019
Klepto ventures over unbeknownst to me. I stepped out onto the deck to see they had already smelled one another with no issue. To prevent such, I grabbed my car keys as a diversion and now have both alpha and omega in the front seat for a Sunday drive. They are somehow managing to share a bucket seat lol. That means omega is attempting to edge up on alpha. Should be interesting how long this may last while out.

Last edited:

HuntressOfLight

12 pointer
Nov 23, 2019
Interesting update. The two male dogs nicely shared the front seat to a restaurant, and while sitting within the car casually waiting upon my to go order, the beast aggressively demonstrated his guarding instincts, much to the dismay of my ears, even with the windows 1/4 retracted into their doors. A very nice man from a very large and well known family around here pulled up in a truck across from us. I had previously become briefly acquainted with him while there, some time earlier this year. Due to immediately recognizing my vehicle, he waved and decided to approach.

HUGE mistake upon his part, indeed. The beast was having none of it, not even at five feet, and when the man dared to come within one foot, the beast went ballistic with ferocious warning, all teeth exposed and ear piercingly, nonstop barking. Although embarrassing, it was quite humorous.

I apologized to the nice man, elaborating that the beast was merely an adoptee. He said that was fine and apologized, himself, walking into the restaurant for his own to-go order. Once he climbed back into his truck and waved goodbye, I decided to exit for my own order.

He watched the beast leap from the driver's side door directly after I stepped onto the pavement and had barely stood, myself. The nice man stopped his truck in reverse and simply watched all. The beast ran all over the parking lot in hyper action mode, much like an oversized bear cub at play, vanishing behind a storage building much to my dismay.

He then bolted from behind it and ran for the main road, seriously causing me great concern. I ran after him, as the nice man pulled out within his truck. Fortunately, the beast made an about face and ran past me once again, thinking it was a fun game of chase; so, I sat, causing him to come toward me, and I then grabbed his collar.

I hope the beast's master bothers tracking his dog via cell phone all the way to Bluegrass Restaurant and back. It does not appear to be a fancy GPS to me; so, I can only imagine what it probably fails to indicate. I cannot even locate a brand name upon it yet and have no idea whether the battery remains live. The red collar does not even have a place to hook a leash.

The beast did obey the extended stay command within the car upon return, which is progress. I think he may simply be unaccustomed to riding within a vehicle. He was shaking upon arrival at the restaurant, but all may be because it is close to the veterinarian. I shall take him to the vet on Monday for new weight and scan once again, if still here, learning whether he may have finally been taken in for an appointment since I took him almost one year ago now.

HuntressOfLight

12 pointer
Nov 23, 2019
Beast failed the initial stay command within the car once again, running wild between garaged fire engines at the city building to the delight of all not long ago. Failed the initial come command thereafter just like at the restaurant yesterday, running himself into a foaming mess all over my other two within the car, as we await lunch within a parking lot. He did return inside of the car when darn well ready but not before then. I can tell that his master keeps him locked up and then tries to chase him down, which is part of the problem and can be remedied if time permits. He did obey the stay command here at a restaurant and will soon be rewarded with a hot dog, for it all. Someone I know just pulled up inquiring as to whether he is driving, because he looks like he could easily do so. Re-training continues. He will be put on lead later within the day and it is most certainly going to be a workout for both of us.

Latest posts