Cats in Bahamas

timer

12 pointer
Feb 20, 2013
La Grange
Back in the day, I was one of the students who would stay out all night in line waiting to get good tickets for the games. In fact, I went to UK because I wanted to watch Grevey, Conner, Flynn, Guyette, Hale, Lockmueller and G J Smith play college ball. And I wasn't disappointed. I loved my time at UK. I saw some awesome games in Memorial Coliseum and Rupp....My last year there - '78 - we won it all. And it couldn't have been better because these were guys (Lee, Givens, Robey, Phillips) who had been on campus with me for four years. Back in the day you would actually see the players on campus (Robey in K-Lair just about every day during lunch one semester)....and even get to play pick-up games against some of them (for me, Truman Claytor and Merion Haskins) in the Seaton Center.

I'm not sure if it was Eddie Sutton, Pitino, Tubby Smith, Billy Gillespie or John Calipari - or if it was a combination of them all - that made me lose my passion.

But I just don't care anymore....

CalebConn16

6 pointer
May 27, 2016
Boys I know you they played a pick up team but I’m ready to cut down the nets. Half ready to buy tickets to the final four. ( I know I’m dreaming)

reivertom

12 pointer
Dec 17, 2007
Greenup Co.
Back in the day, I was one of the students who would stay out all night in line waiting to get good tickets for the games. In fact, I went to UK because I wanted to watch Grevey, Conner, Flynn, Guyette, Hale, Lockmueller and G J Smith play college ball. And I wasn't disappointed. I loved my time at UK. I saw some awesome games in Memorial Coliseum and Rupp....My last year there - '78 - we won it all. And it couldn't have been better because these were guys (Lee, Givens, Robey, Phillips) who had been on campus with me for four years. Back in the day you would actually see the players on campus (Robey in K-Lair just about every day during lunch one semester)....and even get to play pick-up games against some of them (for me, Truman Claytor and Merion Haskins) in the Seaton Center.

I'm not sure if it was Eddie Sutton, Pitino, Tubby Smith, Billy Gillespie or John Calipari - or if it was a combination of them all - that made me lose my passion.

But I just don't care anymore....
I quit caring in 2020 when Cal and that bunch of ingrates started kneeling and supporting the BLM Marxists. I haven't watched a ball game of any kind since, same with the NFL.