centers deer processing menifee county

Bill Nagle

Spike
Jun 25, 2019
Menifee County, KY
Has anyone heard if centers deer processing in menifee County . is open this year? when i was up in may their sign was down ...... was just wondering if any of yall heard anything ?

1wildcatfan

12 pointer
Jan 2, 2009
raised n Bullitt Co.
Google result.
Screenshot_20220810-130226_Google.jpg

Gforcetrivers

12 pointer
Sep 23, 2016
Burkesville
If you kill it, skin it, gut it, your 2/3 of the way there. I process my own as well, always have. I never knew how many people paid to get it done.
Last year I stopped by the Bait Shop (coffee shop ) and there was a guy with a real nice buck in the bed of his truck. I said nice buck...I said its not gutted...he said no need to gut it for an extra 20 bucks they do it for you at the processor. I said ok...

davers

12 pointer
Jul 14, 2014
Kentucky
If you kill it, skin it, gut it, your 2/3 of the way there. I process my own as well, always have. I never knew how many people paid to get it done.
It's becoming expensive to have your Deer processed. Last year I paid $125 to process my Buck. Then there is not many Deer Processors and I had to drive 50 miles one way to drop off my Buck for processing. I've done plenty of processing my Deer Harvest in the past and it's not that hard of a job, just have plenty of sharp knives.

Chuck Milam

Spike
Nov 9, 2005
Sinking Fork
Last year I paid $125 to process my Buck.
It was getting even higher here in Christian County, which is why we started processing our own deer once it got over $200/deer. Now that others have entered the processing market, prices have started to come back down (competition works!) Now it makes sense for me to take my boned-out meat (saves $100 right there) to the local processor for them to do things like buck sticks and polish/summer sausage. I still do my own ground meat and caseless breakfast sausage.

1wildcatfan

12 pointer
Jan 2, 2009
raised n Bullitt Co.
It was getting even higher here in Christian County, which is why we started processing our own deer once it got over $200/deer. Now that others have entered the processing market, prices have started to come back down (competition works!) Now it makes sense for me to take my boned-out meat (saves $100 right there) to the local processor for them to do things like buck sticks and polish/summer sausage. I still do my own ground meat and caseless breakfast sausage.
Who was charging $200/deer?

Latest posts