Clay WMA

grinder

12 pointer
Oct 28, 2003
harrodsburg, ky, USA.
Not meaning to dispute anyone’s word, but i can find no where on the Clay WMA maps and info that says camping is allowed. Me and some of the guys were talking about. Only WMA i know of that you can is ( or was) Peabody. Id be up for a bowhunt/camping trip there or LBL .

Jman

10 pointer
Feb 14, 2003
Not meaning to dispute anyone’s word, but i can find no where on the Clay WMA maps and info that says camping is allowed. Me and some of the guys were talking about. Only WMA i know of that you can is ( or was) Peabody. Id be up for a bowhunt/camping trip there or LBL .

Tarzan and Sandman hunt there a lot. Maybe they can jump on here and point you in the right direction. I hunted and camped there with them one time in the 21/22 season. Tarzan knows the facility better than any of us due to having worked there for some time now.

Carpdaddy

12 pointer
May 12, 2016
Corbin, Ky
Well pull Tarzan’s chain and get him on here! Or is he ashamed to show his face after whooping up on a bunch of us again?
B9491A65-37C4-464C-89D3-1E9679C22CEB.jpeg

Carpdaddy

12 pointer
May 12, 2016
Corbin, Ky
I’m just happy to hang out with those two “Click” dudes! Even if they do shame us on the range! Maybe someday some of that mojo will rub off. Click
21BA555E-2DBD-4DCB-98D7-1D0FC6CB0724.jpeg

Tarzan

Fawn
Jul 16, 2020
Winchester
Go ahead and start kicking grinder! I’d hate to have to outshoot you all standing on one leg…

As far as camping on clay goes. Primitive camping(no elec. or water hookups) is allowed on any mowed area along the side of the upper or lower unit gravel road

Sandman73

6 pointer
Dec 1, 2004
Paris Ky
No dumpster or bathroom facilities either. Mowed areas are dirt/mud with a some grass at best. Lots of mudholes. Jman suddenly got 10" shorter while walking in the dark the time he camped with us. He claims to have night vision capabilities.

Latest posts