Clay WMA

Sandman73

6 pointer
Dec 1, 2004
Paris Ky
I do well to get myself out of uphill! I would have to get Tarzan to gut and drag me out!
1645493146284.jpeg

Oct 2010 LBL - Energy Lake in the background. Camp just around the hill to the right.
Tarzan the "Lead Mule" was 13
My Son Jared was 9

grinder

12 pointer
Oct 28, 2003
harrodsburg, ky, USA.
Those deer carts are alright, if you have terrain you can pull a cart over. Most places i like to hunt at LBL you cant think about carting anything. Its bone it and pack it out.

Sandman73

6 pointer
Dec 1, 2004
Paris Ky
Those deer carts are alright, if you have terrain you can pull a cart over. Most places i like to hunt at LBL you cant think about carting anything. Its bone it and pack it out.
I don't use carts anymore. The last buck i killed at LBL was .8 mi deep, mostly downhill, and half of that was an old logging road. It took 4 of us almost 5 hours to get it back to the truck on a cart. I'm 100% pack out unless its a downhill slide to the truck.
1645497731979.jpeg

Sandman73

6 pointer
Dec 1, 2004
Paris Ky
I used to try real hard there, took me years to finnally kill a deer, wound up over the years taking 4. Now i just go goof off.
Yep. I like the goofing off part too but eventually seeing just 8 deer in 6 days offsets the stress relief of goofing off. LBL for sure has a big enough paddle to fit every hunter's backside! It has gotten the better of me the last few years so I'm taking a break from there. My gang has taken four 130+ bucks out of there the last 10 years or so. Several other decent bucks back before they took away the bonus tag also. Hard place to figure out. Whatever pattern worked in the past may be a big fat zero in the future.

Jdr9941

Fawn
Nov 13, 2021
Washington County
Not meaning to dispute anyone’s word, but i can find no where on the Clay WMA maps and info that says camping is allowed. Me and some of the guys were talking about. Only WMA i know of that you can is ( or was) Peabody. Id be up for a bowhunt/camping trip there or LBL .
Yes you can camp there. I work for KY DFWR. Most all wma’s you can camp on. Just don’t block roads etc and CLEAN up your site when leaving.

Ron D

Fawn
Sep 11, 2020
Lawrenceburg, Ky
Not meaning to dispute anyone’s word, but i can find no where on the Clay WMA maps and info that says camping is allowed. Me and some of the guys were talking about. Only WMA i know of that you can is ( or was) Peabody. Id be up for a bowhunt/camping trip there or LBL .
I’ve camped there before but it’s been several years

Jman

10 pointer
Feb 14, 2003
BEWARE!!..........there are mysterious holes of water near some campsites. One COULD accidentally stumble into one inadvertently!

Latest posts