Corn Prices 😡

Snareman2

12 pointer
Feb 25, 2007
I am gonna put out about 150-200 lbs next weekend just so my girlfriend can get a decent shot on opening day. How long will that last 2-3 weeks? I honestly have no idea
They eat a bag a day here. I like feeding to see what is around. Although, some deer don’t come to the pile. I prefer buying by the truckload, putting a couple of frontend loader scoops out, and bagging the rest to periodically put out. $45 a scoop is a good price. I saw on Craigslist earlier, $75 a scoop, pretty steep.

muddhunter

12 pointer
Oct 18, 2005
louisville
I am gonna put out about 150-200 lbs next weekend just so my girlfriend can get a decent shot on opening day. How long will that last 2-3 weeks? I honestly have no idea
I pour out 50lbs at a time. This pile has a camera on it in the back of my property here in Louisville. We have five deer that visit twice a day for about five minutes at a time. Sometimes they will visit again throughout the night for a brief nibble. There are two mature does, a button buck and two 2.5 yr old scrub bucks. I also have 6 coons and the various birds that come along. That pile needs replenished once a week.

It’s not science but it’s my observation. If you have a general idea how many deer and coons your feeding you might be able to do some rough math on it based on that.

Latest posts