Corn Prices 😡

Little FR

12 pointer
Nov 10, 2021
West Kentucky
2AED09BF-BC3A-49DA-8F51-F6C3DEC12709.jpeg

I just picked this up. They were decorating a festival with corn stalks and didn’t want the ears on the stalks. Kids throw them.

I did pay for them but I figure I’ve got doll making material, toilet paper and a little corn.

KY_Fried

12 pointer
Nov 13, 2003
Foster, KY, USA.
I unfortunately had to make the drive to Wal-mart in Alexandria this morning. I go super early as I hate crowds and figured I'd pick up a few bags of corn to tie me over until the guy I usually buy from has his ready and nowhere else was open that early. They didn't have a single bag.

Little FR

12 pointer
Nov 10, 2021
West Kentucky
Y’all ever figure how much money you have in each pound of deer meat in feeding cost?

Just curious if it’s more cost effective than buying beef or if it would be more. My mom has a little corn pile. I told her she needed to kill at least 2, I bet she has $80 in it now. That’s a lot of money to me to “maybe” get meat.

Hoene

10 pointer
May 8, 2012
Northern Ky
I unfortunately had to make the drive to Wal-mart in Alexandria this morning. I go super early as I hate crowds and figured I'd pick up a few bags of corn to tie me over until the guy I usually buy from has his ready and nowhere else was open that early. They didn't have a single bag.
Florence walmart is out also.

KY_Fried

12 pointer
Nov 13, 2003
Foster, KY, USA.
Y’all ever figure how much money you have in each pound of deer meat in feeding cost?

Just curious if it’s more cost effective than buying beef or if it would be more. My mom has a little corn pile. I told her she needed to kill at least 2, I bet she has $80 in it now. That’s a lot of money to me to “maybe” get meat.
Nah. Thinking about that kind of stuff takes all the fun out it. If I was flat broke and literally hunting for food to survive on, I wouldn't use corn. I'm not so...

Latest posts