Cowboy Best-Ky Headhunters

bgkyarcher

12 pointer
Aug 23, 2011
BG
My sister got killed in a motorcycle wreck on July 12, 1981. She was married to a "wild one". Dona was good friends with the Young's. Fred, Richard, and their sister Mary Jane. Richard went to school with Dona's husband, knew him most of his life. Richard wrote this song several years after Dona died. It was about them. I didn't know it was about them until a few years ago. Pretty cool.

bgkyarcher

12 pointer
Aug 23, 2011
BG
Pretty cool Dana.
Sorry to hear bout your sister.
That’s good they wrote a song.
I didn’t know what it felt like to loose a sibling till last year. Only brother I got. It’s friggin rough. I miss him everyday. Sure is hard to understand.
I’m sorry bro. I completely missed that. So sorry.

bgkyarcher

12 pointer
Aug 23, 2011
BG
I especially feel sorry for your Dad. I know He never got over that as most of us wouldn't. Children ain't "supposed" to Die before parents.
I never knew how hard it was on them until I became a Daddy. I can not fathom it.

bgkyarcher

12 pointer
Aug 23, 2011
BG
Didn't mean to be a depressant here. That was over 40 years ago. Yes, it was horrible. Just thought it was cool of Richard to write a song about them. I remember Richard and Fred being over the house when Dona was in high school. Mary Jane used to come hang out with Dona a lot too. Dona took me to see The Itchy Brothers play a few times around Glasgow in the early 70's. She was such a good big sister. That was Fred and Richard's first band. Fast forward 50 years, and I find out that song was about Steve and Dona. Richard, Fred, and John Fred(Richard's son, drummer for Blackstone Cherry) are such a down to Earth and cool friends. You'd never know they are famous musicians.

xbokilla

12 pointer
Jun 28, 2012
Didn't mean to be a depressant here. That was over 40 years ago. Yes, it was horrible. Just thought it was cool of Richard to write a song about them. I remember Richard and Fred being over the house when Dona was in high school. Mary Jane used to come hang out with Dona a lot too. Dona took me to see The Itchy Brothers play a few times around Glasgow in the early 70's. She was such a good big sister. That was Fred and Richard's first band. Fast forward 50 years, and I find out that song was about Steve and Dona. Richard, Fred, and John Fred(Richard's son, drummer for Blackstone Cherry) are such a down to Earth and cool friends. You'd never know they are famous musicians.
Very cool of them. Thank you for sharing with us.

KY_Fried

12 pointer
Nov 13, 2003
Foster, KY, USA.
That's very cool. I've always loved the Headhunters and I'm not a country music fan at all. Insanely talented musicians and a criminally underrated band.