Credit card companies and gun shops.

silentarcher

8 pointer
Feb 27, 2013
west ky
It will suck if they take it as far as people are saying but at the same time you have to think about how much money they will be costing themselves. Just firearms and ammo alone purchased on credit cards would have to be in the billions of dollars not counting the rest of the merchandise in that field. That's not counting interest fees. If they continue on with it there should still be ways around it though. It'd be a little more hassle but you could stop by an ATM and make a cash withdrawal then buy whatever you want. And if you don't want the gun registered at all then just buy face to face from someone you might know as previously stated. Honestly the way things are now you can just about find any firearm you'd ever need or want just by word of mouth. There's lots of people always buying and selling without the hassle of an ffl. I know certain people to contact if and when I'm looking for something and also have several contact me just to ask if I'm interested in buying this gun or that gun.
Another thing I thought about is if the credit card companies eventually completely block fiream and ammo sales and limit automatic cash withdrawals leading to such purchases I think I'd just set up an ebay account with a few items for sale then bid on and purchase my own item for X amount of money. Then pay the account with my credit card in which would be set up to go straight into my bank account. Then I could go to the bank and draw it out, write a check, use my debit card to purchase whatever I want.

Jmd

6 pointer
Sep 26, 2016
Cash is king until they get that digital currency scam up and running. Then they will know every purchase you make.
Tried to buy 2 rifles , one from texas armory the other from guns&ammo in california, neither would take credit cards. They said it had to be thru Venemo or Zelle or Chime. All of these want banking info and social numbers. Might be legit but I do not feel secure doing this. Does anyone use these ?

predator1

12 pointer
Dec 25, 2008
Glasgow,Ky
Tried to buy 2 rifles , one from texas armory the other from guns&ammo in california, neither would take credit cards. They said it had to be thru Venemo or Zelle or Chime. All of these want banking info and social numbers. Might be legit but I do not feel secure doing this. Does anyone use these ?
If you use any of those services. Make absolutely sure you do not send friends and family or anything like that. Otherwise you are not purchase protected. If they ask you to do anything other than a straight up purchase, walk away.

ETA: I’d be leery of anything california. I also do not know of any reputable stores using those services.

Last edited:

PUBLIC RAT

10 pointer
Feb 18, 2014
Bought a Mossberg shotgun online, couldn't get it in store. Used American Express card. Purchase went ok,no problems.

1wildcatfan

12 pointer
Jan 2, 2009
raised n Bullitt Co.
Scammers i bet. Did you research them?

grandslam

Spike
Feb 1, 2008
Bowling Green
I used Zelle once for a purchase with a Texas gun shop a couple years ago. I researched, read online reviews, mapped the address and called the shop. It went fine for me the one time I used it.

If anything seemed off at all though, I wouldn’t do it. Probably save yourself a big headache that way.

Latest posts