Different dove recipes

beauhunter41031

12 pointer
Jan 1, 2018
Cynthiana, Ky
The season is close and I plan on putting the smack down on them this year. However making the same old dove poppers every time is not gonna keep my woman enthused.

Share some unique dove recipes with me. If i can switch things up and create different dishes she won’t complain as much when I drag her to the different dove shoots I’m hoping to partake in this year

beauhunter41031

12 pointer
Jan 1, 2018
Cynthiana, Ky
Keep the recipes coming friends, I’m liking what I’m reading so far! If I can produce different delicious meals I won’t get “I’m not eating another damn dove popper till next year”. You don’t need to shoot anymore!!

Besides poppers my next go to recipe was Cream of mushroom and packet of brown gravy mx in crockpot served over rice but again that can get old

carnivore

12 pointer
Nov 17, 2007
Ky
Keep the recipes coming friends, I’m liking what I’m reading so far! If I can produce different delicious meals I won’t get “I’m not eating another damn dove popper till next year”. You don’t need to shoot anymore!!

Besides poppers my next go to recipe was Cream of mushroom and packet of brown gravy mx in crockpot served over rice but again that can get old
You got me wondering if you can “velvet” dove meat like stir fry meat. Sprinkle some baking soda or msg on the meat for 20-45 min. Then wash off thoroughly and makes meat taste like it would from an asian stir fry. Substitute dove for chicken beef or pork. ***Disclaimer ive not tried it with dove

You could also tur-ducken it. (Chicken stuffed in a duck stuffed in a turkey.)
Only Dove, in a quail, in a cornish hen.

Mossy Oak Boykins

6 pointer
Sep 11, 2019
where my boykins take me
ive cooked thousands over the yrs at dove hunts my go to 2lg tubs of butter, add garlic to taste 2lg aluminum pans, melt garlic and butter get 1 pan just about ready to boil drop whole breast breast in for a couple minutes take out sear on grill and drop back in the second container of warm butter for ever how long you want theyre ready to eat every one says some of the best whole dove breast theyve had

ive cooked thousands over the yrs at dove hunts my go to 2lg tubs of butter, add garlic to taste 2lg aluminum pans, melt garlic and butter get 1 pan just about ready to boil drop whole breast breast in for a couple minutes take out sear on grill and drop back in the second container of warm butter for ever how long you want theyre ready to eat every one says some of the best whole dove breast theyve had
Dove confit. That’s a recipe I could get into.