empty greenhouse

beauhunter41031

12 pointer
Jan 1, 2018
Cynthiana, Ky
Some friends of mine put up a 100 x 40 greenhouse two years ago and have been raising hemp for CBG and CBD oils. However this year we will not due to excess of last year’s product and one is expecting another baby and other friend doesn’t want to do it by himself.

Blah blah blah long story short I have access to this fully functioning greenhouse if I want to do something.

The question here is there some kind of weird plant, veg or flower that requires a greenhouse but doesn’t necessarily require a lot of attention and effort. (Sounds lazy I know) I’m not looking for something that I’ll go to the local farmers market and competing with five other people.

I was maybe thinking about some crazy different peppers. Are there any other things there that I could put in that would be low maintenance but diverse enough to make a couple dollars?

Last edited:

Little FR

12 pointer
Nov 10, 2021
West Kentucky
The crazy hot peppers are popular.
I’ve grown ghost peppers, Trinidad scorpion, habaneros. Never messed with reapers or scotch bonnets. My family dehydrates, grinds them with coffee grinder and sells, trades and gifts bags of powdered peppers to put in recipes.

Decorative gourds are good money, you can grow them hanging.

I’m not much on the fringe gardening. Never used a greenhouse fancier than a 2x4 frame with old house windows over it.

I know hippies love the micro greens and herbs. Could do some fall and winter, Christmas type plants.
Slap a organic label on and double the price at farmers market.

beauhunter41031

12 pointer
Jan 1, 2018
Cynthiana, Ky
You know What everyone is thinking...
Real MJ with the THC in it. I know a fella that used to grow Plants for sale as mater size plants. He had 1600 in a mobile home one time...and was living in it also.
Gonna have to stay on the legal side for now. This is/was an established legal hemp greenhouse(didn’t apply for permit this year) Last year we had a large military helicopter landed in the alfalfa field where this is. Somehow the permits and contracts had it listed as greenhouse #2. After they Hovered around for 20 minutes and couldn’t find greenhouse #1 they decided to drop in and investigate. We had folks from Frankfort there on several occasions to sample and ended up having to burn three different strains because of high THC levels

Last edited:

bigbonner

12 pointer
Aug 5, 2015
You know What everyone is thinking...
Real MJ with the THC in it. I know a fella that used to grow Plants for sale as mater size plants. He had 1600 in a mobile home one time...and was living in it also.
Do the prisoners' still make license plate :rolleyes: in prison?
It may become legal but the big pockets will be the only ones allowed to make money.

HuntressOfLight

12 pointer
Nov 23, 2019
Guarding my lovely bluebirds
Some friends of mine put up a 100 x 40 greenhouse two years ago and have been raising hemp for CBG and CBD oils. However this year we will not due to excess of last year’s product and one is expecting another baby and other friend doesn’t want to do it by himself.

Blah blah blah long story short I have access to this fully functioning greenhouse if I want to do something.

The question here is there some kind of weird plant, veg or flower that requires a greenhouse but doesn’t necessarily require a lot of attention and effort. (Sounds lazy I know) I’m not looking for something that I’ll go to the local farmers market and competing with five other people.

I was maybe thinking about some crazy different peppers. Are there any other things there that I could put in that would be low maintenance but diverse enough to make a couple dollars?

HuntressOfLight

12 pointer
Nov 23, 2019
Guarding my lovely bluebirds
Gonna have to stay on the legal side ...

I believe that you will find this to be more profitable and rewarding. Mr. Abhishek obviously knows nothing about roses but has additional orchid information for you here:

While your best information can be found here:

Bone_Chaser

8 pointer
Sep 12, 2014
Whitley Co
I have no idea what to tell you on the little to no effort front…..
I raise 12 acres of produce, 205 acres of soybeans, and 40 hogs per year and 2 children on top of facilitating the final movements on 20,000 railcars per year and would call nothing low maintenance.

Latest posts