First for me

Bucktail

Fawn
Nov 14, 2019
Franklin Ky
I have been hunting for 35+ years and saw a buck breed a doe for the first time this afternoon. I watched him bedded up with her for probably two hours and right at last light she got on her feet and he was on her. He is a mature buck for sure. Will he stay locked down with her or is he done and move on to the next doe?

120+

12 pointer
Aug 22, 2006
You can't get there from here.
I have been hunting for 35+ years and saw a buck breed a doe for the first time this afternoon. I watched him bedded up with her for probably two hours and right at last light she got on her feet and he was on her. He is a mature buck for sure. Will he stay locked down with her or is he done and move on to the next doe?
Well it depends. He'll stay with her until she stops letting him mount her. Question is if she just went into heat or has been that way for a few days. If she crosses her legs then he'll move on to the next.

WaterDog88

12 pointer
Jul 28, 2008
Kentucky
I watched a buck breed a doe Saturday evening and then another buck breed a doe Sunday morning in the exact same spot in a field. What are the chances.

NOCAMST

8 pointer
Oct 9, 2017
Central ky
I’ve probably seen it ten plus times and usually within 30 minutes to an hr after breeding the doe he will leave. They almost always bed down together after he breeds her from my experience

WildmanWilson

12 pointer
Dec 26, 2004
Western Ky.
I’ve seen it three times. Once last week. Two years ago one buck bred a doe twice in about five minutes. They usually stay together two to three days. That’s the lock down phase. It’s why the peak of rut buck movement slows due to a lot of them breeding a doe for several days and don’t cover much ground looking for them.

Latest posts