Florida Turkey Hunt Guide?

hollandhunter

12 pointer
Feb 11, 2008
Holland Kentucky
With turkey numbers still way down in my area. The wife and I have thought about traveling this spring to Florida and hunt. Does anyone have any advice or know of a good outfitter that would put us on some turkeys? She has never killed a turkey. Neither has my oldest daughter. An one thing on my bucket list is to get them a turkey. Let them expereince the unmatched tradition i had in the turkey woods. I have killed my fair share over the years. Made countless memorys. Now its there turn. But would be nice to find a outfitter who had enough birds for all 3 of us.

1wildcatfan

12 pointer
Jan 2, 2009
raised n Bullitt Co.
Last edited:

Oldrook

6 pointer
Jul 19, 2020
Soky
With turkey numbers still way down in my area. The wife and I have thought about traveling this spring to Florida and hunt. Does anyone have any advice or know of a good outfitter that would put us on some turkeys? She has never killed a turkey. Neither has my oldest daughter. An one thing on my bucket list is to get them a turkey. Let them expereince the unmatched tradition i had in the turkey woods. I have killed my fair share over the years. Made countless memorys. Now its there turn. But would be nice to find a outfitter who had enough birds for all 3 of us.
Just an idea, but you can attend the NWTF convention in February at Opryland Hotel and meet some outfitters in person.

Bee

10 pointer
Mar 14, 2005
FWIW The Florida turkey world is very pricey. Like $3,000 plus per Bird for an Osceola to the reliable outfitters. Id sure poke around some other KY counties before I dropped that kind of change . Ive hunted in Fla for many years on friends holdings. It is a unique place but paying those kind of prices is not my game; but folks seeking a Grand Slam are paying whatever it takes and it takes a lot these days.

Last edited:

cedar creek

10 pointer
Sep 7, 2014
I have hunted around Chiefland for $1400 few times but guide shut down, I would go on and spend the $3200 on the south Florida hunt, especially if they provide meals and lodging, turkey hunting has turned into a tricky business down there, some decent public land but the public land is lottery draws and certain dates, there is some public land to roll in on at free will but not all of it is that away, Florida does a good job of providing a lot of public ground

OLE RASPY

12 pointer
Sep 9, 2018
Barren county
I went with canoe creek outfitters Jon Pardin when I killed mine. Don’t know if he’s in business right now or not. It was $1500 in 2011 I believe. But there’s a guy they call Doc I believe but his screen name is hookspur on gobbler nation. You can look him up. He’s very reputable. Never hunted with him or don’t know him personally but I’ve heard and read good success stories from him. I don’t know what he charges. But like other people said on here every thing has gotten higher. Hope this helps ya.

hunt

10 pointer
Sep 29, 2015
The Berg
FWIW The Florida turkey world is very pricey. Like $3,000 plus per Bird for an Osceola to the reliable outfitters. Id sure poke around some other KY counties before I dropped that kind of change . Ive hunted in Fla for many years on friends holdings. It is a unique place but paying those kind of prices is not my game; but folks seeking a Grand Slam are paying whatever it takes and it takes a lot these days.

$3K for a turkey?? Wow.

hollandhunter

12 pointer
Feb 11, 2008
Holland Kentucky
I knew a guy that went to Florida to complete his grand slam. He said you can use a rifle but it has a lot of stipulations on public/private land and the ranges.
I wont be using a rifle. Shotgun and bow only for us. But hey if its legal have at it. I would think a rifle would destroy the meat we always enjoy. Plus i like the rush of having them in close. I wish i had time to public land scout. That would be awesome too. But im gonna need a guide this time.

Little FR

12 pointer
Nov 10, 2021
West Kentucky
I wont be using a rifle. Shotgun and bow only for us. But hey if its legal have at it. I would think a rifle would destroy the meat we always enjoy. Plus i like the rush of having them in close. I wish i had time to public land scout. That would be awesome too. But im gonna need a guide this time.
Like I said. Know a guy.

If I can hit one in the head at 2 yards with a shotgun I think I can hit one in the base of the neck with a rifle at 125. I’d like to hunt a pistol state just to say I did, legal like.

I eat the whole bird. Have fun with that bow, it’s a nightmare trying to draw on one in an open field. Shooting a bow from the blind is pointless to me, gimme shots may as well be using a shotgun.

I don’t scout public ground for turkey unless I happen to see sign during deer. I just start walking and walk until I strike a bird.