Forestry mulcher rental for bobcat near Lexington?

Strutter

Cyber-Hunter
Dec 9, 2001
USA.
Haven’t been able to locate a place that has a mulcher to rent. You can find people with them to come and do it but they are expensive. Most I have talked to are between 1 to 2 thousand a day. You can rent a dozer for 500/8 hrs and run it yourself. Small excavator with bush hog attached for 350/8hrs. Skid steer with bush hog for the same.
Post info if you find a place that rents them.

Ezelkyhunter

10 pointer
Nov 28, 2013
I tried calling them twice and twice they said ok and cancelled on me that Friday.
Good to hear about bushhog ability. I’m gonna clear a bunch of saplings on a ridge and make a food plots watering hole and “attempt” a 1/4-1/2 acre bedding area on my farm just to see if it helps.

Truth be known I like the habitat improvement and work as much as the hunfting.

1wildcatfan

12 pointer
Jan 2, 2009
raised n Bullitt Co.
I tried calling them twice and twice they said ok and cancelled on me that Friday.
Good to hear about bushhog ability. I’m gonna clear a bunch of saplings on a ridge and make a food plots watering hole and “attempt” a 1/4-1/2 acre bedding area on my farm just to see if it helps.

Be careful, the chopped up stobs could be hell on tractor/atv/sxs tires.

Feedman

Cyber-Hunter
May 28, 2003
In the basement

Can you do it with a chainsaw

Ezelkyhunter

10 pointer
Nov 28, 2013
Good point on the tires. Been there done that mowing before with grownup fields.

problem with chain saw is it would take a long time. I may end up going this route.

I have a small dozer I can use. A little John Deere but I worry about pushing them over causing holes losing top soil etc. maybe I’m over thinking it but definitely don’t want to do more harm than good.

bigbonner

12 pointer
Aug 5, 2015
Good point on the tires. Been there done that mowing before with grownup fields.

problem with chain saw is it would take a long time. I may end up going this route.

I have a small dozer I can use. A little John Deere but I worry about pushing them over causing holes losing top soil etc. maybe I’m over thinking it but definitely don’t want to do more harm than good.
Do you have any pictures ?
May be small enough for a tractor and bush hog to take care of most of it .
Bush Hogs can get some good size stuff and maybe cut the rest by hand.

grinder

12 pointer
Oct 28, 2003
harrodsburg, ky, USA.
Haven’t been able to locate a place that has a mulcher to rent. You can find people with them to come and do it but they are expensive. Most I have talked to are between 1 to 2 thousand a day. You can rent a dozer for 500/8 hrs and run it yourself. Small excavator with bush hog attached for 350/8hrs. Skid steer with bush hog for the same.
Post info if you find a place that rents them.
I had mine hired done, $100 an hour, 10 hour minimum. I doubt you could rent the equipment and do it any cheaper time you figure rental fuel, probably will have to rent a trailer, unless you own one and a truck heavy enough to haul it, not to mention liability when you do that.
Unless you have a lot of experience running one, you cant get done what an experienced mulcher can. He cleared 15 acres of woods for me, bush honeysuckle, 10 hours. I been working on it for 20+ years with tractor loader, chainsaw and sprayer. Now all i gotta do is maintenance spray. My adjoing neighbors woods still look like damn it.

HuntressOfLight

12 pointer
Nov 23, 2019
Guarding my lovely bluebirds
250.00/hour is what my friend charges, but his forestry mulcher is much bigger than most. I never messed with small stuff, but you can typically receive lowest bids for any type of related work from around December 7th-30th. Most people are fairly tapped out then, due to Christmas, hence bidding wars between most.

Ezelkyhunter

10 pointer
Nov 28, 2013
Hello,

finally found one for rent. Lexington Ky bobcat enterprises rents them.

950ish daily rental for 8 hours

weekend is 1450ish and you get 12 hours.