Forestry mulcher rental for bobcat near Lexington?

EdLongshanks

12 pointer
Nov 16, 2013
Northern Kentucky
I had mine hired done, $100 an hour, 10 hour minimum. I doubt you could rent the equipment and do it any cheaper time you figure rental fuel, probably will have to rent a trailer, unless you own one and a truck heavy enough to haul it, not to mention liability when you do that.
Unless you have a lot of experience running one, you cant get done what an experienced mulcher can. He cleared 15 acres of woods for me, bush honeysuckle, 10 hours. I been working on it for 20+ years with tractor loader, chainsaw and sprayer. Now all i gotta do is maintenance spray. My adjoing neighbors woods still look like damn it.
Does your guy come to Boone county cause I’ll keep him busy for a couple days at least. I doubt I could find anyone to look at it for $1000 per day.

EdLongshanks

12 pointer
Nov 16, 2013
Northern Kentucky
I

m in Mercer county, so, no, probably not.
Boooooooo that man. I hope he stays busy and makes a killing though. I have a buddy that has a forestry mulcher and I might trade my current cherry kitchen cabinets for clearing my place…..or I’ll just rent a machine and do it myself. Not sure. Either way, I’m going to continue clearing the big stuff to make best use of time

EKUgrad

10 pointer
Nov 9, 2004
Lexington
I had mine hired done, $100 an hour, 10 hour minimum. I doubt you could rent the equipment and do it any cheaper time you figure rental fuel, probably will have to rent a trailer, unless you own one and a truck heavy enough to haul it, not to mention liability when you do that.
Unless you have a lot of experience running one, you cant get done what an experienced mulcher can. He cleared 15 acres of woods for me, bush honeysuckle, 10 hours. I been working on it for 20+ years with tractor loader, chainsaw and sprayer. Now all i gotta do is maintenance spray. My adjoing neighbors woods still look like damn it.
Dang -- care to PM me the contact info? I have a creek bank filled with bush honeysuckle that needs clearing.

Latest posts