Garden 2022

barney

12 pointer
Oct 11, 2005
Well here goes nothin.
Corn, beans, and taters are in. Need to get onions and herbs in soon, probably too late for spring peas lettuce and carrots.
Bunch of seed to be planted still. Grabbed a few strawberry pepper and mater plants
View attachment 100314
No peas for sure, and no spring lettuce from seed now. Carrots can be planted anytime until early August, and lettuce can be sown in late August for a fall crop.

Little FR

12 pointer
Nov 10, 2021
West Kentucky
64539085-05EC-4CD7-9E14-C7FDE73F4CF9.jpeg

Finally got it put out. I broke another area for melons, pumpkins, squash.

barney

12 pointer
Oct 11, 2005
Two of my son's, my 6 year old grandson and 7 year old granddaughter helped me get corn planted this afternoon. We planted sweet corn and two of the 3 varieties of dent corn I'm growing for cornmeal this year. I've never grown Blue Clarage or Texas Gourdseed. I have grown Tennessee red cob but it's been years ago.

carnivore

12 pointer
Nov 17, 2007
Ky
No peas for sure, and no spring lettuce from seed now. Carrots can be planted anytime until early August, and lettuce can be sown in late August for a fall crop.

Do you plant any companion plants to prevent insects /disease?

Brit's and Birds

10 pointer
Nov 24, 2008
Oldham County
I'm all planted as of this evening. Brussel sprouts and lettuce have been in for a while. Maters and peppers started inside are out and seeds for squash, zucchini, cucumber, corn, watermelon, beans and cantaloupe. Plus some basil for pesto and a few other herbs. Blueberries looking good and blackberries look like they will be loaded this year. Now we wait.

barney

12 pointer
Oct 11, 2005
I'm all planted as of this evening. Brussel sprouts and lettuce have been in for a while. Maters and peppers started inside are out and seeds for squash, zucchini, cucumber, corn, watermelon, beans and cantaloupe. Plus some basil for pesto and a few other herbs. Blueberries looking good and blackberries look like they will be loaded this year. Now we wait.
Should have a bumper crop of blueberries this year!

257Wmag

6 pointer
Oct 7, 2015
NC
Been mostly planted since Easter weekend but I’m a good ways south. Have two varieties of eggplant, Cherokee purple and sun sweet maters, cukes, okra, squash, zucchini, green beans and a few pepper varieties. Hasn’t really warmed up, slow growth but consistent enough rain. Trying wheat straw to keep weeds out this year, we’ll see how that works.

Greyghost7

Fawn
May 2, 2022
Texas
Just salted my asparagus bed. Already have seeds ready to go and tiller fired right up so reckon I’m ready.
Have had my gardening turned and planted since late February [after VDay] in Texas. My blueberries, blackberries, grapes, peaches and asparagus all bearing fruit and sprouts. Already harvest few collards. Cherry tomatoes are also bearing. Raised garden. Have my grapes and blackberries in 55gal plastic garbage cans. I use compost along with potting soil.