Garden 2022

baknblack

12 pointer
Jan 30, 2014
Henry County
We tried the Geotextile Fabric last year. You get the garden all worked up and let it rain on it several times. Fabric goes on to a good crust. Burn or cut holes for your plants. Even during some really dry spells the soil stayed moist underneath. Best of all zero weeds. Can get about 3 years out of it before it needs replacing.
We had the best garden we've ever had last year. I was skeptical when my wife wanted to try it but, I'll never go back to the old way.

Little FR

12 pointer
Nov 10, 2021
West Kentucky
So i lost about 1/3 of my corn in that storm. Is it too late to replant those rows? I dug out a drainage ditch on the high side of my garden to prevent it from happening again.

Is there a particular type i can replant this late that might be best?
I’m replanting mine. A lot of folks plant a late crop of sweet corn so it doesn’t all come in at once.

Drahts

12 pointer
Apr 7, 2015
KY
You could easily put a 2.66 mile tri-oval track behind my house in southwest Calloway, flat as the great plains for miles and miles to the south and southwest.
Don't get me wrong, love the mountains, just wish I had a lil more flat to plant on. Gonna prolly move part of my garden to one of my plots and fence it well. Cause I just can't grow as much as I want near the house.

carnivore

12 pointer
Nov 17, 2007
Ky
Don't get me wrong, love the mountains, just wish I had a lil more flat to plant on. Gonna prolly move part of my garden to one of my plots and fence it well. Cause I just can't grow as much as I want near the house
Can’t flatten out a good spot with a mini excavator?

Latest posts