Good Dogs seem to not last long enough!

bgkyarcher

12 pointer
Aug 23, 2011
BG
Lost a good one this morning to old age. This old boy poured his heart out every single hunt. Blister turned 13 this spring. He was one of those dogs that was a pleasure to hunt with and there was never a place that was too thick for this dog. He had more grit than any beagle I have ever owned and had no quit to him.
This is the last rabbit that he ever put in his mouth.
View attachment 61202
Sorry bud. Never easy to lose one.

bigbonner

12 pointer
Aug 5, 2015
My Lab is 11 years old and still in good shape, but I took him out hunting last week and we jumped two coveys of Quail. By the time we made it back to my truck he was tired, and I had to help him a little to get in my truck to go home.
I wish I could breed him and get a pup from his bloodline.

Tankt

12 pointer
Dec 26, 2019
Kentucky
I asked the vet tonight to increase my beagle's dosage. If this doesn't help him along with warmer weather. I may have to put him down. Awful to think about. Been bothering me for 2 hrs

JR in KY

12 pointer
Jan 25, 2006
The Occupied South
I asked the vet tonight to increase my beagle's dosage. If this doesn't help him along with warmer weather. I may have to put him down. Awful to think about. Been bothering me for 2 hrs
That's the worst part with a Pet. You Know it's coming, you see it and works on your mind every day.

Lady Hunter

12 pointer
Jan 12, 2009
We've lost 5 to cancer and old age since mid 2019. It rips away a bit of your heart every time. So very sorry for your loss.

Luther's Feist

10 pointer
Oct 25, 2014
Coeburn, Va
I've always fancied dogs and thought I knew about everything I could about em especially the Feist breed until I decided to keep one in the house. I've learned a ton of things I didn't know but just having constant interaction with her. I've became more attached to this dog than I ever have any animal. She's only 2 but I'm already dreading the day something happens to her. They can sure tug at your heart strings.

DocPain

6 pointer
Aug 23, 2021
Hardinsburg Kentucky
Sorry to hear this. I’ve gone through it so many times I told my wife at my age now, I don’t want another hound. I don’t think my heart could stand to lose another one.

Drahts

12 pointer
Apr 7, 2015
KY
Sorry to hear that Chilly, your right though they are never with us long enough and losing the good ones hurts the most.

Latest posts