Governor Beshear using his executive authority to legalize marijuana in Ky.

Redlined

12 pointer
Sep 23, 2005
In The Tree Next To Ya
If you do a search on here years ago you will probably see me vehemently against legalization. I was wrong. It needs to be legal and not taxed. Im not sure why State Republicans are so out of touch on this issue ? I'm also against any type of executive order. Put it on the ballot and let the people decide.
I remember that, what made you change your mind? I'm not being a smartass, but am truly curious what caused you to change your stance.

EdLongshanks

12 pointer
Nov 16, 2013
Northern Kentucky
I’m personally less concerned about dope than I am preserving and strengthening the horse racing industry. Gambling is a no brainer and everyone benefits….except the degenerates, and they can easily find a way to be a degenerate.

Mitch has a lot more control over the Republican side of KY politics then you give him credit for. Have no doubt if he told the red shirts to kill this bill, it was DOA.

I hear what you’re saying and have no doubt that’s true but my statement is true as well. The vote is on the red shirts not Mitch. If they vote for Mitch’s stance rather than their constituents’ then they need to be primaried.

High Rack

12 pointer
Dec 21, 2009
in the hills
I hear what you’re saying and have no doubt that’s true but my statement is true as well. The vote is on the red shirts not Mitch. If they vote for Mitch’s stance rather than their constituents’ then they need to be primaried.
I agree, but we are talking a bunch of money to get elected and re-elected. Mitch holds a lot of power in the party, and a couple of phone calls will cripple a candidate he does not like, and those deal makers in Frankfort know the game.

carnivore

12 pointer
Nov 17, 2007
Ky
Hell no, nobody has ever died from smoking some good green. All you want to do when you get stoned is sit around, be happy, and listen to good music. You literally can not od on ganja. Not possible. You get so stoned you can’t move.
Been there. Lol.

Pot helped me in the sense i was an anxious mess when i was younger and worried about a lot of dumb shit. Dang near an instant cure and it was good to use it a few times a month. With that said, after a year or two i got hooked and used it at least daily sometimes a couple times a day. It altered my personality to the extent that I didn’t like not being high for more than a few hours. When I quit it was difficult, my mood and overall ability to function were greatly effected and it took several months before i was ok. Using it every day makes a man stupid and changes you into something other than a functioning person. When my kids are out and my house is paid off I may grow a few plants in the garden and use it every now and again into my retirement.
It should be legal but there will be Pros and cons to that change. Medicinally speaking it has a bunch of great uses but as Ed stated there a bunch of pot heads using it for non medical reasons that wont shut up about medicinal use and it truly is nauseating.

Last edited:

baknblack

12 pointer
Jan 30, 2014
Henry County
Been there. Lol.

Pot helped me in the sense i was an anxious mess when i was younger and worried about a lot of dumb shit. Dang near an instant cure and it was good to use it a few times a month. With that said, after a year or two i got hooked and used it at least daily sometimes a couple times a day. It altered my personality to the extent that I didn’t like not being high for more than a few hours. When I quit it was difficult, my mood and overall ability to function were greatly effected and it took several months before i was ok. Using it every day makes a man stupid and changes you into something other than a functioning person. When my kids are out and my house is paid off I may grow a few plants in the garden and use it every now and again into my retirement.
It should be legal but there will be Pros and cons to that change. Medicinally speaking it had a bunch of great uses but as Ed stated there a bunch of pot heads using it for non medical reasons that wont shut up about medicinal use and it truly is nauseating.
I've seen a lot of people that smoke way too much weed. Some are plum stupid and others it doesn't seem to effect that much.
Maybe it's like too much alcohol and brings out the true self, lol

Capttrae

12 pointer
Apr 2, 2012
Been there. Lol.

It should be legal but there will be Pros and cons to that change. Medicinally speaking it had a bunch of great uses but as Ed stated there a bunch of pot heads using it for non medical reasons that wont shut up about medicinal use and it truly is nauseating.
I promise you the first thing I’m going to do when I retire is twist one up about the size of my leg and get stoned stupid and stay that way for about a month straight. After that I’ll figure out my next move

xbokilla

12 pointer
Jun 28, 2012
I’m still against. Call me old school or whatever. I also don’t think we’ll be discussing the old school funky green in the future. Now it’s all about the THC vape/dab pen. It’s already so easily accessible, what’s the use in legalizing?

Latest posts