Governor Beshear using his executive authority to legalize marijuana in Ky.

High Rack

12 pointer
Dec 21, 2009
in the hills
I totally get it….but people who act like marijuana is a miracle “cure all” are insufferable. Just my opinion.
No one said it was a cure all, but it has started to kick big pharma's ass in the ring for many ailments that plagued many people for many issues a grocery bag full of pharma drugs could not, and for that it should be studied, and government R&D money should flow into it, as what has been discovered so far , is just the tip of what could come of it. Big pharma has seen the light enough to start buying out many top grow house around the country. Soon, PTSD, TBI, Chronic pain Vets will get the thumbs up from the VA.

EdLongshanks

12 pointer
Nov 16, 2013
Northern Kentucky
No one said it was a cure all, but it has started to kick big pharma's ass in the ring for many ailments that plagued many people for many issues a grocery bag full of pharma drugs could not, and for that it should be studied, and government R&D money should flow into it, as what has been discovered so far , is just the tip of what could come of it. Big pharma has seen the light enough to start buying out many top grow house around the country. Soon, PTSD, TBI, Chronic pain Vets will get the thumbs up from the VA.
I think most of the claims about pot are ridiculous. Trust me, I’m all about legalization and I’ve lived life mister. Let’s just call it like it is and say we want recreational use legalized and not pretend it cures everything from cancer to dry skin. It just doesn’t. Realistically, it has a limited medical use. Regardless, PTSD responds far better to mdna and the South American hallucinogens that I can’t spell. The issue is, chemical compounds are much easier to control in a synthetic setting. They just are and that is crucial for research. Mdna is definitely being studied for our vets. I at least give the commies credit for thinking outside the box for once.

Capttrae

12 pointer
Apr 2, 2012
You don’t think anyone has ever died from being under the influence of weed or moved up to something for more of a rush? If not why do people use things other than weed? I’m fascinated as well?

I’ve never known a single person die from a steak that didn’t choke on it. Anything that’s taken in excess can kill you however. Even water. The body is an amazing thing and can take massive amounts of abuse. Drugs are more than the effects on the body though. It’s the effects on the mind and the lives of those around them that watch it. I see many homeless people and after taking a survey, I’d bet good money most are there because of drugs over corn syrup or red meat…. In my humble opinion.
Hell no, nobody has ever died from smoking some good green. All you want to do when you get stoned is sit around, be happy, and listen to good music. You literally can not od on ganja. Not possible. You get so stoned you can’t move.

WildmanWilson

12 pointer
Dec 26, 2004
Western Ky.
Hell no, nobody has ever died from smoking some good green. All you want to do when you get stoned is sit around, be happy, and listen to good music. You literally can not od on ganja. Not possible. You get so stoned you can’t move.
I was referring to someone driving or in an altered state enough to have an accident of some kind. I bet its happened. I also said it can be a gateway drug. We hear some say its not but it can be. Once some use it they are more apt to try others and get hooked on worse drugs.

I know a good number of people that use weed and I know a good number that do more. I'm not being totally naïve how the world works.

WildmanWilson

12 pointer
Dec 26, 2004
Western Ky.
Wait a minute, you’re equating a free man toking a joint in his own home to intentionally torturing a living thing? Ohhhhhhhh Kayyyyyyyy......

I think I’ll checkout on that piece of pure commonsense lol.
I'm simply showing that its not tyranny to put limits on what you do in your own home. You are just justifying breaking existing laws you think aren't needed. Having a meth lab in your apartment may not be anyone's business but the neighbors may not like it.

I'm simply showing that its not tyranny to put limits on what you do in your own home. You are just justifying breaking existing laws you think aren't needed. Having a meth lab in your apartment may not be anyone's business but the neighbors may not like it.

So you’re equating a man toking a joint in his own home to operating a meth lab? The mental gymnastics there is amazing lol. The shit some people will justify in their own minds just to dominate and control others is crazy to me. That attitude is the direct opposite of a conservative.

WildmanWilson

12 pointer
Dec 26, 2004
Western Ky.
So you’re equating a man toking a joint in his own home to operating a meth lab? The mental gymnastics there is amazing lol. The shit some people will justify in their own minds just to dominate and control others is crazy to me. That attitude is the direct opposite of a conservative.
No it just seems some people think ANY limitations placed on them is tyranny. We have already seen in this one thread that some believe all drugs should be legal. No matter how deadly or destructive. That's just as dumb as any argument I've heard. Do you think any limitations should be placed on a free man ?

No it just seems some people think ANY limitations placed on them is tyranny. We have already seen in this one thread that some believe all drugs should be legal. No matter how deadly or destructive. That's just as dumb as any argument I've heard. Do you think any limitations should be placed on a free man ?

ZERO unless he’s infringing on another’s rights, I’m not your or any other man’s daddy. What goes on in your home is none of my biz as long as nobody is being violated. I believe firmly in those 3 tenets of conservatism and not just paying lip service.

WildmanWilson

12 pointer
Dec 26, 2004
Western Ky.
ZERO unless he’s infringing on another’s rights, I’m not your or any other man’s daddy. What goes on in your home is none of my biz as long as nobody is being violated. I believe firmly in those 3 tenets of conservatism and not just paying lip service.
There are a lot of dads out there that don't want free drugs available. If they truly stayed in a persons home ( and they will not) maybe that's a different story. The problem is it means more people dependent. It means the workforce would drop even more. It means the cost to us all would be dramatic. Why do you think doctors are cutting back on prescription meds now? The addiction ruins lives and we all pay for it. Especially children to those people on drugs. Even if you say its not your problem.

There are a lot of dads out there that don't want free drugs available. If they truly stayed in a persons home ( and they will not) maybe that's a different story. The problem is it means more people dependent. It means the workforce would drop even more. It means the cost to us all would be dramatic. Why do you think doctors are cutting back on prescription meds now? The addiction ruins lives and we all pay for it. Especially children to those people on drugs. Even if you say its not your problem.

All that is truth the same way chocolate cake, cola, red meat, cigarettes and alcohol ruin lives too. What gives you or anybody else the right to decide how a free man lives his life? Seriously, who exactly are you? I don’t GAF what you do so long as nobody’s rights are infringed, you’re a grown man and not my child and I expect the same common courtesy from you. For far too long certain men think they know better what is good for others than they do themselves, talk about gall lol.