Grandson archery lessons

Wede

Fawn
Apr 14, 2017
Paris
I shot a bow a longtime ago and currently use a crossbow when hunting. My 10 year old grandson seems to have an interest in archery. I live near Georgetown, ky. and was looking for someone or place to have him get some lessons and experience before buying a bow. Any suggestions? Thanks.

bgkyarcher

12 pointer
Aug 23, 2011
BG
I have an alpine youth bow fully rigged, soft case, release and arrows I’ll sell cheap. PM if interested

Wede

Fawn
Apr 14, 2017
Paris
Not familar with alpine. Can you send picture and what you want for it? What is the pull and strength? Would it be suitable for deer? If you want to email me you can at [email protected]. Thanks

Oldrook

6 pointer
Jul 19, 2020
Soky
I don’t know how old your grandson is but check his school for National Archery in School Program (NASP). It’s a great place to start. Lessons are free and most schools have some bows to shoot before you make a purchase. It’s fingers shooting with Mathews Genesis bows but he can get some good direction. My granddaughter liked it so much, after high school she became certified to help coach and work at tournaments.

1wildcatfan

12 pointer
Jan 2, 2009
raised n Bullitt Co.
I shot a bow a longtime ago and currently use a crossbow when hunting. My 10 year old grandson seems to have an interest in archery. I live near Georgetown, ky. and was looking for someone or place to have him get some lessons and experience before buying a bow. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Heck of a deal here for a highly adjustable bow. @Mudbone can hook u up.

Oldrook

6 pointer
Jul 19, 2020
Soky
Also check a archery pro shop for lessons. Many have an indoor range. There are also some good YouTube videos. Grip, correct way to draw without injuring shoulders, anchor point, etc….Like everything, gotta learn those basic skills

Velvet ears

10 pointer
Nov 6, 2013
West KY
I coached a few NASP state championship teams. Hook your grandson up with the school team next season. It is a good starting point if they have a good coach. Also, you can look into S3DA Archery once he gets going good. It's for the more serious youth shooters that can shoot tournament style bows with any accessories.

xbokilla

12 pointer
Jun 28, 2012
You live in Gtown. Not as familiar but there’s a guy named Bill Jones in Frankfort that can point you in the right direction. A quick internet search showed there is someone who lives in Canewood in Gtown that is an associated with JOAD, Junior Olympic Archery Development. Most of those elementaries have NASP.

Latest posts