Gun show worth going too?

slat68

Fawn
Aug 31, 2022
Frankfort
Is it worth going to sell some of my guns at a show or is it the same pricing that the local gun shops offer.
Also good deals there to buy?

carnivore

12 pointer
Nov 17, 2007
Ky
Depends, buying: i find that 95% of dealer inventory is overpriced. If what you are looking for falls within that 5%, cool. The real deals occur when someone walks buy with what you want on their shoulder, they brought it to sell and half the time you get a good price but its a crapshoot.
Selling can be good.
I personally would rather sell on armslist or gunbroker because your market is bigger. Maybe on this site’s classifieds as well.

beauhunter41031

12 pointer
Jan 1, 2018
Cynthiana, Ky
What type of firearms are you trying to sell?
Something cool and unique might draw a lot of interest at a gun show And potentially run across the person that just has to have it. But if you have a couple Mossberg 500 and some Wally world savage rifles you’ll probably get hit up with lowball offers no matter where you go

Little FR

12 pointer
Nov 10, 2021
West Kentucky
The last gun show I went to was a joke. Haven’t been to one since. If you have an old Ithaca, Mag10, 30 carbine etc the gun show would be best bet but I see dealers now sell MnP 15’s and savage 110’s with the tags still on for $100 markup because “gun show”.

predator1

12 pointer
Dec 25, 2008
Glasgow,Ky
The last gun show I went to was a joke. Haven’t been to one since. If you have an old Ithaca, Mag10, 30 carbine etc the gun show would be best bet but I see dealers now sell MnP 15’s and savage 110’s with the tags still on for $100 markup because “gun show”.
Some people would honestly pay the extra $100 just to keep Uncle Sam from knowing they have it. I’ve had great success at gun shows selling, buying, and trading. But those deals have always came from the individuals walking around, never someone at a table.

beauhunter41031

12 pointer
Jan 1, 2018
Cynthiana, Ky
Some people would honestly pay the extra $100 just to keep Uncle Sam from knowing they have it. I’ve had great success at gun shows selling, buying, and trading. But those deals have always came from the individuals walking around, never someone at a table.

Sometimes at a gun show when i see something of interest I will politely introduce myself and ask if we can exchange numbers. I will then call a week or two later to see if they still have possession of that item, often times they do and their standards have dropped a bit