Hickory Nuts

JR in KY

12 pointer
Jan 25, 2006
The Occupied South
They are dropping and the Damsquirrels are sitting there waiting for them.
I see a lot of hulls with the nut already gone.
Someone Questioned the size of these nuts a few months back. The world renounded Expert @barney agreed with me. Thanks buddy.
Here is one I picked up this morning. @carnivore I ain't forgot about you and I'm going to get a bunch of nuts from the trees that my trees came from. They come up very well but they are Difficult to raise.

Last edited:

Dark Cloud

12 pointer
Aug 14, 2009
Lawrence Co.
Someone Questioned the size of these nuts a few months back. The world renounded Expert @barney agreed with me. Thanks buddy.
Here is one I picked up this morning. @carnivore I ain't forgot about you and I'm going to get a bunch of nuts from the trees that my trees came from. They come up very well but they are Difficult to raise.
I had a cousin ,that always gave me a bag or two ,of those big nuts,some of em are hard to crack ,but they sure have a good kernel.

xbokilla

12 pointer
Jun 28, 2012
My parents have a couple of shagbarks close to their house. Twice, squirrels have dropped big hickory nuts and busted their windows. Hopefully they’ve learned to quit parking under trees.

Drahts

12 pointer
Apr 7, 2015
KY
JR your long arming that hickory! LOL. I was running dogs this morning behind the house, had one hit the ground next to me as it was raining hickory nuts, if it'd hit me in the head it'd killed me!

1wildcatfan

12 pointer
Jan 2, 2009
raised n Bullitt Co.
Only thing i can say......you got some big nuts and everyone is jealous.