Hurricane Ian

NOCAMST

8 pointer
Oct 9, 2017
Central ky
My sister lives in Orlando and she says they currently have 6 inches of water in their house and 2 plus feet in the street and still raining.

davers

12 pointer
Jul 14, 2014
Kentucky
My sister lives in Orlando and she says they currently have 6 inches of water in their house and 2 plus feet in the street and still raining.
My Sister & Brother-in-law's home & town was in the path if Ian. They live in Venice, Fl around 1/2 mile from the gulf. They went to a friend's home yesterday, who lives further inland. Haven't heard from my Sister or B.I.L since yesterday afternoon. Guess they have no way of communicating with me, she said yesterday that there is no power anywhere in Venice or surrounding areas. Just hoping and praying their home wasn't destroyed. 🙏🙏

Little FR

12 pointer
Nov 10, 2021
West Kentucky
Can't believe we're not going to get a good rain on the back end of this storm. Looked at weather channel and nothing above 24% the next 2 weeks. Awful woods walking, sounding like your smashing a bag of chips.
I need some rain to wash all the blood out of the woods… I have one camera that hasn’t had a picture since last kill. The other has some nervous critters.

HuntressOfLight

12 pointer
Nov 23, 2019
Guarding my lovely bluebirds
"...Even when a hurricane is far on the horizon, the atmosphere changes: the barometric pressure drops. “From two weeks out of a hurricane, sharks can actually detect the change and start heading for deeper water,” says Neil Hammerschlag, director of the shark research and conservation program at the University of Miami. The air around Hurricane Ian has gradually been decreasing in pressure as the storm strengthens, and sharks can sense that, allowing them to flee long before Florida’s human residents were given mandatory evacuation orders.

“Similar to the way we use meteorological technologies and observations about the changing wind and temperature before a storm, aquatic animals have ways to sense the approach of a storm,” Strickland says. Sharks use their sensitive inner ears to detect a gathering storm’s pressure changes, he adds. And, because of their incredible swimming abilities (some can swim up to 45 miles per hour), they can quickly escape oncoming storms—that is, if they choose to..."

beauhunter41031

12 pointer
Jan 1, 2018
Cynthiana, Ky
Friend of mine’s elderly uncle decided to stick it out at his condo in Fort Myer. Just got a call today that they found him drowned this morning. Sad deal, he was a federal judge but started having mental issues a couple years ago. His caretaker begged and pleaded That he leave with her. She left and he did not

xbokilla

12 pointer
Jun 28, 2012
My Sister & Brother-in-law's home & town was in the path if Ian. They live in Venice, Fl around 1/2 mile from the gulf. They went to a friend's home yesterday, who lives further inland. Haven't heard from my Sister or B.I.L since yesterday afternoon. Guess they have no way of communicating with me, she said yesterday that there is no power anywhere in Venice or surrounding areas. Just hoping and praying their home wasn't destroyed. 🙏🙏
Hope everything is ok. I like Venice. We stay about 8 miles South of there so we spend a lot of time in that area. We’ve watched 4th of July Fireworks on Venice Beach many times. Be interesting to see if there is damage to Venice Pier/Sharkey’s, The Jetty’s, and Venice Ave leading to the beach. That stretch is a pretty wide open target.

xbokilla

12 pointer
Jun 28, 2012
Friend of mine’s elderly uncle decided to stick it out at his condo in Fort Myer. Just got a call today that they found him drowned this morning. Sad deal, he was a federal judge but started having mental issues a couple years ago. His caretaker begged and pleaded That he leave with her. She left and he did not
So sad to hear.

xbokilla

12 pointer
Jun 28, 2012
These storms are exactly why you will never get me to live near the coast. Prayers up for those in the path and those affected. I sure hope it doesn't bring the amount of rain they seem to be forecasting for SE KY,. They do not need that devastation again.
After the flooding that hit EKy recently I don’t know. I wouldn’t live in the panhandle and sure wouldn’t live in New Orleans.

Latest posts