Hurricane Ian

Little FR

12 pointer
Nov 10, 2021
West Kentucky
What kind of FOOL would leave this car in imminent danger in the face of a hurricane???? Oh. "A SHE."
Where is the HOLE? maybe its hers.
Buyers remorse, it’s real. Probably checked their stocks and said thank you Insurance!!!

HuntressOfLight

12 pointer
Nov 23, 2019
Guarding my lovely bluebirds

Surge Vulnerability Facts​

• From 1990-2008, population density increased by 32% in Gulf coastal counties, 17% in Atlantic coastal counties, and 16% in Hawaii (U.S. Census Bureau 2010)
  • Much of the United States' densely populated Atlantic and Gulf Coast coastlines lie less than 10 feet above mean sea level
  • Over half of the Nation's economic productivity is located within coastal zones
  • 72% of ports, 27% of major roads, and 9% of rail lines within the Gulf Coast region are at or below 4 ft elevation (CCSP, SAP 4-7)
  • A storm surge of 23 ft has the ability to inundate 67% of interstates, 57% of arterials, almost half of rail miles, 29 airports, and virtually all ports in the Gulf Coast area (CCSP SAP 4-7)

HuntressOfLight

12 pointer
Nov 23, 2019
Guarding my lovely bluebirds
Pawleys Island Pier in S Carolina damaged badly and end of it destroyed. Reported seven foot storm surge at high tide - worst case for pushing in water from tide damage.

Edited

I love piers and lighthouses, with interests in owning one of either. The pier within the previous video had just been re-opened, after having suffered destruction via Hurricane Michael (closing in 2019, having lost 300') and additional damage via Hurricane Irma. Looks completely different now, but at least it still remains after all of the abuse.

Last edited:

bird whisperer

12 pointer
Aug 16, 2012
Hog Town USA
I just watched this and confirmed the two houses we loved staying in for the last 10 years are gone. One was an older one story on wood piers the other was a two story on 10 ft concrete piers that was built in the 90’s. If you have frequented Fort Myers over the years you will have a hard time recognizing much of anything. My family has been vacationing there for 44 years and much of the island is basically a clean slate on most of the beachfront. I do hope the residences return and are not replace with high rise 200+ room concrete behemoths.

C42510A0-EB09-4DD5-91D3-D8EA06DEA4DC.jpeg

PUBLIC RAT

10 pointer
Feb 18, 2014
Gee just think if everything was powered with green energy. There's no electricity to recharge anything. What a cluster that would be. Bet the libs never thought that far ahead of a natural disaster 🙄

xbokilla

12 pointer
Jun 28, 2012
Been looking at a lot of pics this morning. Where we stay mainly just had tree damage and flooding (snakes and gators everywhere I’m hearing). Right up the road in Englewood they got it pretty good. Pine Island, Ft Myers, looks the worst. Boca Grande, one of my favorite places didn’t get it too bad compared to most. One restaurant where I took this pic is totally gone. Little place called South Beach Bar and Grill on Gasparilla Is/Boca Grande. The lighthouses on the island are in good shape. My home away from home may appear a lot different next time I visit.
7C11A873-5793-45D8-ACCB-FAB6AE0E8BA8.jpeg

Latest posts