I’ve got mice problems! need help

beauhunter41031

12 pointer
Jan 1, 2018
Cynthiana, Ky
Figured I would come on here and ask around. How do you deal with mice getting in vehicles and equipment.

I just ordered some of those ultrasonic units that I can run extension cords from shop but I also have vehicles and equipment in barns. Just had one die inside landrover door panel because of The poison I put inside and I’m not too happy about it

These vehicles sit for multiple weeks without me checking them so glue traps would be a pain also if they eat the poison and die inside that’s gonna stink everything up. I just discovered a little SOBs I’ve got in to the nicest vehicle I own now doesn’t have a single crumb or food and they’ve been eating up the poison cube I put in there. I like to keep my vehicles under the roof but I can’t have this mice problem

Last edited:

beauhunter41031

12 pointer
Jan 1, 2018
Cynthiana, Ky
Pounds and lbs of poison. That’s what I do. I put it all around my garage, in it and under foundation.

Keep a few buckets of water nearby and they’ll go for the water when they realize they are sick.
I’m constantly tossing those little green cubes all over the place. I got the rats under control a while back but I just can’t keep these damn little mice out of my vehicles. I got some different poison from SS that are yellow about the size of a stick of butter and they’ve been eating on that block for the last two weeks it’s almost down to nothing. It’s either not killing them or there’s just replacement forces

bigbonner

12 pointer
Aug 5, 2015
I’m constantly tossing those little green cubes all over the place. I got the rats under control a while back but I just can’t keep these damn little mice out of my vehicles. I got some different poison from SS that are yellow about the size of a stick of butter and they’ve been eating on that block for the last two weeks it’s almost down to nothing. It’s either not killing them or there’s just replacement forces
I use the pellets at tractor supply. I DON'T LIKE THE CUBES. In my hay barn I have a half a gallon chick feeder that I fill up with the pellets.
I have a wire cage around three foot square and three feet tall. I have a wooden pallet laid down and I put the chick feeder in the middle filled up . The rats and mice come up through the pallet and eat all they want. The chick feeder keeps the bottom full and I fill it back up when I need to.. I keep the cage covered with a cheap tarp.

You can place traps in your floorboard of your vehicles with peanut butter on the trigger. If it is rats, you need a bigger trap and tie it to something.
Believe me when I say you need them out of vehicles. They will get in the dash and chew every wire in there into. They won't just chew one wire but pretty much all of them and it won't just be in one place. They will chew wires up all the way through in several places.
The copper inside the coating will be chewed and cut into, believe me, been there, done that.

beauhunter41031

12 pointer
Jan 1, 2018
Cynthiana, Ky
I use the pellets at tractor supply. I DON'T LIKE THE CUBES. In my hay barn I have a half a gallon chick feeder that I fill up with the pellets.
I have a wire cage around three foot square and three feet tall. I have a wooden pallet laid down and I put the chick feeder in the middle filled up . The rats and mice come up through the pallet and eat all they want. The chick feeder keeps the bottom full and I fill it back up when I need to.. I keep the cage covered with a cheap tarp.

You can place traps in your floorboard of your vehicles with peanut butter on the trigger. If it is rats, you need a bigger trap and tie it to something.
Believe me when I say you need them out of vehicles. They will get in the dash and chew every wire in there into. They won't just chew one wire but pretty much all of them and it won't just be in one place. They will chew wires up all the way through in several places.
The copper inside the coating will be chewed and cut into, believe me, been there, done that.

Last winter I had the semi inside the shop for several weeks. I saw a couple rat turds one morning so I pitched some blocks inside the cab. Couple days later they were completely gone so I put in more same story several days later, I thought holy damn hell I can’t believe they’re eating this much poison and not dying. Well several weeks later I had to get into The dash for something and to my surprise I found the massive rats nest with dozens of half chewed blocks. The fact that they established a home and started storing food within two week

JR in KY

12 pointer
Jan 25, 2006
The Occupied South
My MIL had a vehicle catch fire and Burn to the ground while on the way to a Laundromat one time.
Mice caused that.
Cats, Cats Cats are the answer but if you don't like barn Cats, and you do have to Feed them to keep them around, guess you have to get Snakes...

Luther's Feist

10 pointer
Oct 25, 2014
Coeburn, Va
Make ya a trap with a 5 gallon bucket and a can. Works better than anything I've ever used. Also fill the bucket half way with antifreeze instead of water and you can leave it longer periods of time without them rotting and stinking. Here is a link to how to make these. I've had as many as a dozen in these when I raised game chickens.

1wildcatfan

12 pointer
Jan 2, 2009
raised n Bullitt Co.
Make ya a trap with a 5 gallon bucket and a can. Works better than anything I've ever used. Also fill the bucket half way with antifreeze instead of water and you can leave it longer periods of time without them rotting and stinking. Here is a link to how to make these. I've had as many as a dozen in these when I raised game chickens.

That's pretty slick. 👍

FF/EMT516

8 pointer
Nov 22, 2020
Caneyville, Ky
We have three cats that were for my oldest boy. The only reason we were okay with having them was because of them catching mice. I only feed them a small amount once a day to keep them hunting. I’ve seen them catch mice, one brought a squirrel into the flower bed one time, and they’ll catch chipmunks too. I’d like to have seen one catch the squirrel. Lol

beauhunter41031

12 pointer
Jan 1, 2018
Cynthiana, Ky
My MIL had a vehicle catch fire and Burn to the ground while on the way to a Laundromat one time.
Mice caused that.
Cats, Cats Cats are the answer but if you don't like barn Cats, and you do have to Feed them to keep them around, guess you have to get Snakes...

There’s not a flying chance in hell I’m getting into the Black hole of barn cats. For the last two years I’ve been able to maintain one nice spayed cat that brings home mice, chipmunks, birds and moles on the daily.

I’ve just been hoping someone would respond with something like, take a hand full of moth balls and throw underneath the vehicle or spray some kind of crazy XYZ solution all over the tires.

The four Ultrasonic pest control units I just ordered off Amazon will really be a good test. I plan on running an extension cord to each vehicle and put in one unit right underneath of it however it’s the other vehicles I have in barns with no power I am trying to figure out

Little FR

12 pointer
Nov 10, 2021
West Kentucky
There’s not a flying chance in hell I’m getting into the Black hole of barn cats. For the last two years I’ve been able to maintain one nice spayed cat that brings home mice, chipmunks, birds and moles on the daily.

I’ve just been hoping someone would respond with something like, take a hand full of moth balls and throw underneath the vehicle or spray some kind of crazy XYZ solution all over the tires.

The four Ultrasonic pest control units I just ordered off Amazon will really be a good test. I plan on running an extension cord to each vehicle and put in one unit right underneath of it however it’s the other vehicles I have in barns with no power I am trying to figure out
Ive used the sonic units. Put a dab of peanut butter on the power cord and after 2 weeks they’ll get used to it and when they chew through the cord at least one will die 🤣.

Latest posts