I’ve got mice problems! need help

riverboss

12 pointer
Jan 26, 2009
northern ky
Be careful with the poison my dog at half a brick of that green tom cat stuff and spent 3 days in the emergency hospital eating charcoal its bad stuff kills different than the old decon it effect the nervous system.
Moth balls work great the smell like crap but put them in some stocking and tie the end put them under the hood in the trunk and under the seats.
All those ford's at the speedway were junked the use peanut oil on the coating of the wires in newer vehicals and mice love eating them!

Luther's Feist

10 pointer
Oct 25, 2014
Coeburn, Va
I've watched a lot of bucket mouse trap videos, and those don't work as good as you may think. They miss a lot of mice. Shawn Woods has a YouTube channel dedicated to mouse traps and the last time I tuned in this was the best mouse trap of all time.
I never really sat and watched the trap so don't really know how many it missed but after my dad passed and his house was falling in I had one set in a couple different rooms and I caught more mice than I ever could have with just poison or single traps. That setup looks like it would work really well

As stated already the ultrasonics are junk, had a barn full and still had mice galore until I got a neutered cat or 3. I actually feed them well as imho they don’t hunt for the food aspect as much as instinct. They ended the mouse problem and went on to every other critter in the area. There ain’t a rabbit anywhere on my place anymore lol.

Strutter

Cyber-Hunter
Dec 9, 2001
USA.
I found some solid rubber tires for my pull behind mower and was tickled that I wouldn't have any more flats while mowing. I left it in my shed at the farm and checked on it the other day and the dang mice have ate flat spots on the tires. Looks like you took a saw and cut off one side of the things. Why would they eat a rubber tire. Should have taken pics but I wasn't really in the picture taking mood after I seen that.

Tankt

12 pointer
Dec 26, 2019
Kentucky
As stated already the ultrasonics are junk, had a barn full and still had mice galore until I got a neutered cat or 3. I actually feed them well as imho they don’t hunt for the food aspect as much as instinct. They ended the mouse problem and went on to every other critter in the area. There ain’t a rabbit anywhere on my place anymore lol.
And that is why I won't get one

reivertom

12 pointer
Dec 17, 2007
Greenup Co.
Figured I would come on here and ask around. How do you deal with mice getting in vehicles and equipment.

I just ordered some of those ultrasonic units that I can run extension cords from shop but I also have vehicles and equipment in barns. Just had one die inside landrover door panel because of The poison I put inside and I’m not too happy about it

These vehicles sit for multiple weeks without me checking them so glue traps would be a pain also if they eat the poison and die inside that’s gonna stink everything up. I just discovered a little SOBs I’ve got in to the nicest vehicle I own now doesn’t have a single crumb or food and they’ve been eating up the poison cube I put in there. I like to keep my vehicles under the roof but I can’t have this mice problem
I bought some of the original "walk the plank" mouse traps for our deer camp. We didn't get down there for maybe a month or two during the off season, so we needed something that reset itself and would keep them from dying on beds, etc. I would fill it with very salted water and a skim of cooking oil during the summer months, and RV antifreeze in the winter. If you aren't familiar with them, look them up. Anyway, the mice fall in the bucket, the oil smothers them and they drown. The salty water keeps them "pickled" for while so they don't start stinking too fast. The RV antifreeze actually does a better job picking them but can release a strange odor after a long while if it's not cleared of the dead critters. Either one is better than plain water. If you bait them in a vehicle, they would probably take the bait even faster than a large room. It might be better to put them around the vehicles if they are in a garage to keep the population to a minimum .. All I know is the mouse population went from crazy to nothing in that drafty old cabin in less than a month.

reivertom

12 pointer
Dec 17, 2007
Greenup Co.
I've watched a lot of bucket mouse trap videos, and those don't work as good as you may think. They miss a lot of mice. Shawn Woods has a YouTube channel dedicated to mouse traps and the last time I tuned in this was the best mouse trap of all time.
I use the original "walk the plank" fall traps in our deer cabin, and they worked perfectly. You do have to set them up right and make it enticing for them. We got our mouse problem controlled in no time. It stayed pretty much mouse free as long as we went to the cabin ever so often and scooped out the dead mice and re-baited the trap. Before that, they had taken over, because it was surrounded by dense woods and high underbrush.

bumhunter

6 pointer
Sep 28, 2016
Boyd county, ky
I had $7000 worth of damage to my truck this spring from mice. My wife found some ultra sonic devices that hook directly to the car battery. I put them on everything with a wiring harness. So far they seem to be working, but I have a total of 17 of them all over my garage and vehicles.

Latest posts