I hate Moultrie cameras

beauhunter41031

12 pointer
Jan 1, 2018
Cynthiana, Ky
The last Moultrie cams I got were dang complicated to set up and turn on I always left that task to my woman after I messed up two different times and had zero pics for a month. The only good thing I can say about them is the customer service is all right and they typically will just send you a brand new camera if you start having issues. I have sent back and received two in the last couple years

bgkyarcher

12 pointer
Aug 23, 2011
BG
The last Moultrie cams I got were dang complicated to set up and turn on I always left that task to my woman after I messed up two different times and had zero pics for a month. The only good thing I can say about them is the customer service is all right and they typically will just send you a brand new camera if you start having issues. I have sent back and received two in the last couple years
If out of warranty, they give a good discount towards a new one. That’s why I have this one.

k-i-d-d

Fawn
Jan 18, 2006
in the stand
Just wanted to add to this.. Don't get Stealthcam ! Their customer service is the worst. I HAD 5 of them all cell cameras. I discovered after season was over and I deactivated all the cameras, they were still charging me $15 a month for 2 of them. After hours and hours of being on hold, I finally got to talk to someone, they were not helpful, kept putting me on hold and I was hung up on multiple times. This same crap happened for months all the time I'm being charged for the 2 cameras. So I'll cut this short finally got a manager who told me no worries I see in our computer all the cameras were deactivated and I would be refunded. YEAH !! However the end result is if I go on the stealthcam website it shows me being refunded in my history but I never received any refund. Months and months later still can't get to talk to a person. Anyway sorry for the lengthy reply but just giving a heads up

columbia whitetail

10 pointer
Nov 3, 2009
columbia
I’ve not had good luck with moultries either but I can say every time I had a camera that gave me issues they replaced it no questions asked. I run tactacam,wiseeye,covert,bushnell, spartan and have considered trying black gate. Like them all. Besides browning for non cell cams I like the spartan lumen. They also make a eclipse that’s black flash.

257Wmag

6 pointer
Oct 7, 2015
NC
Browning have been great cameras for us. Reveals have worked great past year.

Me too, I have around 8 Brownings, had 2 go bad after about 6 seasons. One went underwater and still worked for a year after. All strikeforce models. All have worked right out the box. Only issue I have with Browning is their finishes. They bleach in the sun, have a few that are almost white from sitting on field edge. They get crusty and chalky.

The tactacams work OK til battery gets low then they suck. The process for erasing the card data and doing hard resets is a problem. Need good cell signal but that’s not their fault. Overall decent for the money.

Bought a bunch of Primos cams when they first came out. Every single one I bought had to go back. Total POS and have tried to avoid all Primos products since.

Muddobber

Fawn
Jan 18, 2019
Eastern ky
SOB. Put a new card in my only Moultrie about a month ago. In what is normally my best spot. They've torn the mineral lick up. Camera was on, batteries strong. Zero pics. Friggen Moultries are so damn picky about SD cards. If a card has been used in other brands, sometimes they don't write to card. I've never had this problem with any other brand. I've formatted a card. Guess I'll make the damn 45 mile drive sometime this weekend to put a newly formatted card in it just to be safe. I'll never own another Moultrie camera. On a positive note, the new Muddy cameras take great

Muddobber

Fawn
Jan 18, 2019
Eastern ky
The moultrie cameras are definitely junk. I have 3 of them and they just take pic when they want to. I have the best luck out of the wild game cameras than I do any others seems like they last longer and have a better percentage on taking pics than the others.

Latest posts