Is anyone hunting?

Nov 7, 2021
Woollum
It seems nobody is posting about hunting anymore. I enjoy the updates on what’s happening in the woods it keeps me motivated.
What I’m seeing is the tail end of the rut. Three of the big buck’s hanging around my farm have recently broken tines off. Scrapes have been getting hit the last couple of days. I am still getting daylight pics of mature bucks but always in the am. I’m sitting in a bedding stand this am because I’ve been getting pics of bucks cruising by recently. 0730 I just got a pic of a 4.5 yo 10 pt that went thru my saddle stand well he’s a 9 now missing one tine!

rockhousehunter

12 pointer
Oct 18, 2013
Salyersville, Ky
My old man just popped a good 8 pt. in Ohio's gun season. The rut is going hot and heavy up there, at least where we are. I killed on Monday (opener), my 15 yr. old son killed in Ohio's youth hunt and my dad just killed this morning. We had a blessed year in Ohio. However, in Kentucky, I'm still holding a tag, my son is still holding a tag and my old man killed another good 8 pt. the Tuesday before season went out. It's a job up there because you have to quarter and skull cap your bucks up there before you bring them back across the line due to CWD being detected in spots.

wolverine1

12 pointer
Oct 19, 2004
breckinridge county
Been giving my farm behind the house a little time to "cool off". Its the only place, as of now, that I have a shooter on. He was at the neighbors across the road yesterday morning with a few does at 7:30 or so. She was taking the trash out and there he stood about 75 yards from her house. I may try a sit this afternoon and see what happens

Nov 15, 2022
Closplint, ky
Not been since Saturday of gun, im off work tomorrow. Im hitting the woods in the morning with bow. Giving rain again Saturday morning. Gonna hunt a known bedding area thats thick, step mountains, with oaks and thickets

BubEastKY

8 pointer
Sep 16, 2016
I haven’t been in the woods because of work but I did see a small buck and a really nice 8 point with a broken g3 chasing a doe around noon today right in town. The 8 came out running at her full blast and grunting the whole way!

Oct 13, 2017
Hardin
It seems nobody is posting about hunting anymore. I enjoy the updates on what’s happening in the woods it keeps me motivated.
What I’m seeing is the tail end of the rut. Three of the big buck’s hanging around my farm have recently broken tines off. Scrapes have been getting hit the last couple of days. I am still getting daylight pics of mature bucks but always in the am. I’m sitting in a bedding stand this am because I’ve been getting pics of bucks cruising by recently. 0730 I just got a pic of a 4.5 yo 10 pt that went thru my saddle stand well he’s a 9 now missing one tine!
I got my all time best buck this year opening week with my bow, 260# 13 pointer, wish I could post pics but it keeps telling me the file is too big and I'm not tech savvy nuff to figger out how to fix it, but he sure was a beast and made a beautiful mount

DaveO

6 pointer
Dec 30, 2017
Indianapolis
I live in Indiana but have a farm in northern Ky. Tagged out in September4 but made the trip down to cut wood and do an “After Gun” inventory. Several bucks (no shooters)on camera and quite a few daytime pics. Had bucks on camera chasing doe November 20 & 23

keeruss8

8 pointer
Jun 19, 2016
Marrowbone
I got my all time best buck this year opening week with my bow, 260# 13 pointer, wish I could post pics but it keeps telling me the file is too big and I'm not tech savvy nuff to figger out how to fix it, but he sure was a beast and made a beautiful mount
260# field dressed or on the hoof?
Congratulations