Is it time to make Xbow season the same ?

predator1

12 pointer
Dec 25, 2008
Glasgow,Ky
You can take a person who has never touched a weapon. Put them behind a scoped weapon on a solid rest. And unless they are blind they will be minute of whitetail. This worse case scenario already exists in parts of this state. The rest of your opinions are just that opinions. Crossbows have been used as a way for non archery hunters to take advantage of the long archery season we have. Youth seniors and those with disabilities excluded of course. There are organizations closely monitoring the effect of crossbows, on archery seasons success rates. Compton traditional bow hunters, the pope and young club, and the professional bow hunters society. I belong to two of these clubs and don’t believe crossbows should be used by able bodied hunters in a lengthy archery season. It’s not archery. It’s not bowhunting. And I don’t give a damn what opinions others have on the subject. You have tried to say no one has the right to tell others how they should hunt. You have advocated for people to be able to use what ever weapon they want. Yet you say they should follow the bag limits. Who are you to tell someone who owns property how many deer they should be able to kill off of there property. And with the reasoning you have used, what gives anyone the right to make any law at all. We will just have to agree to disagree and stay united as hunters to protect our lifestyle as whole.
If you don’t give a damn for others opinions. Why are you on here debating them?? As for the comment about following game limits. Unless you have a high fence that keeps animals off your property. Those animals belong to everyone. So I stand behind kill it and fill your tag how you want. Just don’t kill them all.

120+

12 pointer
Aug 22, 2006
You can't get there from here.
My only concern with "any" weapon with a higher success rate any earlier in the year is that more dominant bucks may be killed before they breed and successfully spread their genes.
Does their sperm have some extra sauce when their antlers are at their peak? If a 190" 5 year old buck was to breed a few does when he was a 110" 2 year old is his DNA not the same?

Bowonly86

6 pointer
Apr 16, 2019
Pendleton county
If you don’t give a damn for others opinions. Why are you on here debating them?? As for the comment about following game limits. Unless you have a high fence that keeps animals off your property. Those animals belong to everyone. So I stand behind kill it and fill your tag how you want. Just don’t kill them all.
Yeah I worded that wrong. I don’t give a damn if others agree with my opinion.

KYH5N1

10 pointer
Jan 19, 2008
In the nightmares of turkeys
I understand. But who's to say that 145" 4 year old buck has better genes than the 2 year old that ends up breeding them?
That's like saying " I killed this 120" 2.5 yr old but I'm good with that because at 4.5 he was going to be a 170+". I don't know, you don't know, until the time that genetic superioriry manifest . Unless like my herd bull and you've got a pedigree and proven lineage. But, carry on.

KYBOY

12 pointer
Apr 21, 2005
Floyd,co..Kentucky
I’ve killed several button bucks but I hunt a lot with traditional muzzleloaders and a few other guns with open sights. It happens, I’d rather not but I don’t loose any sleep over it

KYH5N1

10 pointer
Jan 19, 2008
In the nightmares of turkeys
I have no idea how that's a similar statement.
All I'm saying is how do you know the older buck in the area has the best genetics?
You dont. Until the buck reaches maturity and the traits you desire do/do not manifest. Until then, it's a crap shoot. Most people aren't hunting for the smallest rack on their properties? If the largest antlered buck on your property is killed in September or early October, there is a very good chance he has not passed his genes that year. He could have previously but unless you can tell the future you don't know if that 120" 2yr old would be a 170" at 4.5. That's why you pass on young bucks. Or, why some do.

Latest posts