Johnson grass

Feedman

Cyber-Hunter
May 28, 2003
In the basement
1AiMWdt.jpg
I made a weed wiper after the first cutting of hay the Johnson's grass starts growing anytime it got higher than the other grass I would go over it with 2% glyphate my 25 gallon sprayer is hooked to the weed wiper
X7yjDxH
What is the width?
What size holes and how many did you drill per roller?

ABLongbow

6 pointer
Aug 10, 2018
Morgan County
I made it 10 ft wide no holes in the rollers there's a drip hose above the rollers drips on to them gets them wet when they hit the plant it makes them roll

mwezell

12 pointer
Jan 22, 2006
Auburn, KY
Are you gonna put it on a tractor or suv? I've got a like new commercial wick bar that we had on a M Farmall but it's been years since we used it. Pretty sure it can be mounted on just about any smaller tractor with hydraulics. I'd have to go look at it...I don't even remember how wide it is. I know it has two fairly short wings that fold in. I'd just guess 15-18ft.

bigbonner

12 pointer
Aug 5, 2015
You know what ?
We need a gadgets forum on here where members can post their home made gadgets for other member to see.
It would be easier to find than having to search the whole forum for things like this .

bigbonner

12 pointer
Aug 5, 2015
Thought thats what the D.I.Y. Was for.

You are right, I guess I over looked the DIY section. This need to be in there for others to see.
Gadgets would be more for the making of useful things like fishing , hunting and helpful mechanical inventions

grinder

12 pointer
Oct 28, 2003
harrodsburg, ky, USA.
1AiMWdt.jpg
I made a weed wiper after the first cutting of hay the Johnson's grass starts growing anytime it got higher than the other grass I would go over it with 2% glyphate my 25 gallon sprayer is hooked to the weed wiper
X7yjDxH
I thought about rigging something up, but rented the ASCS machine instead. $75, they bring it to you, and pick it up when your done.
Im thinking your chemicals will get on you tires and kill stuff you dont want killed with that front mount