Kentucky Football is BAAACK!!! Sadly enough...

xbokilla

12 pointer
Jun 28, 2012
The way it ended, close and OT, I think TCU may stay in the playoff picture. Just my .02.

EdLongshanks

12 pointer
Nov 16, 2013
Northern Kentucky
Not an apologist. I don’t like them. I just want to see the best 4 teams play each other. I like good football, no blowouts.
1670105429149.gif

bgkyarcher

12 pointer
Aug 23, 2011
BG
Well you have to throw Tennessee in the mix of the next bad teams with them. That stubborn part about them beating Alabama puts them there regardless of their qb situation.
The QB situation is the reason they were placed below Bama..........that, and giving up a zillion points to a mediocre S. Carolina team in a bad loss.

xbokilla

12 pointer
Jun 28, 2012
Bad losses hurt.
Exactly. Unfortunately, with the current system, a loss just isn’t a loss and beating someone head to head isn’t always that big of a factor. TNs two losses are by 44 pts. Bama two are in games ending plays by 4 total and on the road. If Bama makes their FG in OT they beat TN and that was when TN was rolling. If LSU doesn’t convert a 2pt conversion they beat them too. Some of the teams on Bama’s schedule didn’t pan out to be as good as predicted that’s for sure. If TCU lost by 10+ today I’d be saying Bama in but they way they lost they deserve some recognition. It is a weird system though where you can be punished for losing in your conference championship. I mean if USC doesn’t have to play that game they are in. It actually worked to Bama’s advantage not playing in the SEC championship once before.

bgkyarcher

12 pointer
Aug 23, 2011
BG
Exactly. Unfortunately, with the current system, a loss just isn’t a loss and beating someone head to head isn’t always that big of a factor. TNs two losses are by 44 pts. Bama two are in games ending plays by 4 total and on the road. If Bama makes their FG in OT they beat TN and that was when TN was rolling. If LSU doesn’t convert a 2pt conversion they beat them too. Some of the teams on Bama’s schedule didn’t pan out to be as good as predicted that’s for sure. If TCU lost by 10+ today I’d be saying Bama in but they way they lost they deserve some recognition. It is a weird system though where you can be punished for losing in your conference championship. I mean if USC doesn’t have to play that game they are in. It actually worked to Bama’s advantage not playing in the SEC championship once before.
TCU played three games against ranked opponents. #13 KS State, they split with. #21 Texas they beat. Not enough there resume wise to stay in, IMHO.

xbokilla

12 pointer
Jun 28, 2012
TCU played three games against ranked opponents. #13 KS State, they split with. #21 Texas they beat. Not enough there resume wise to stay in, IMHO.
Maybe not. I do agree with Ed that Bama’s wins aren’t great (and I’m a Bama fan) but in fairness many of those team (like A&M) were picked to be darn good in the preseason.

Latest posts