Kentucky Football is BAAACK!!! Sadly enough...

Buzzy

10 pointer
Oct 15, 2013
I think they get in but not sure how TCU doesn’t go to 4 and them 3 unless it is money and they just don’t want MI/OSU to match in the semis?
TCU's loss was "better"???? I dont know.

But a UGA v UM national title is the most $$$$.

JR in KY

12 pointer
Jan 25, 2006
The Occupied South
KState won in overtime. Great goal line stand by KState
One of my sons used to live in Manhattan KS. I walked over to the FBall stadium and the Field Level is dug Waaayy down and you walk in way up in the stands somewhere. I suppose it's on the internet but I never saw that before. May be common, i don't know

xbokilla

12 pointer
Jun 28, 2012
If you lose your conference championship game you shouldn't be in. Period.

Michigan and Georgia should play for the NC. No other games are necessary. Just a money grab by ESPN/Disney.
You know I downgraded my Direct package to save money and haven’t had any of the ESPNs since summer….and honestly haven’t missed it that bad. Keep in mind GA got smoked in the SEC championship last year.

CalebConn16

8 pointer
May 27, 2016
I really think bama gets in. I could be wrong. But the committee has a hard on for OSU. I think it ends up Georgia, Michigan, OSU, Bama. Georgia walks to back to back championships

EdLongshanks

12 pointer
Nov 16, 2013
Northern Kentucky
If you lose your conference championship game you shouldn't be in. Period.

Michigan and Georgia should play for the NC. No other games are necessary. Just a money grab by ESPN/Disney.
Exactly. Those teams earned it. Now we have to give everyone a trophy and allow lesser teams to compete for a national championship. In 2024 they are expanding this nonsense to a 12 team playoff. That will make the regular season pointless. It’s a dumb idea. Hell why not expand it to 64 like basketball and just play a football tournament. Forget the season.

Collegiate sports are determined to ruin themselves.

CalebConn16

8 pointer
May 27, 2016
Exactly. Those teams earned it. Now we have to give everyone a trophy and allow lesser teams to compete for a national championship. In 2024 they are expanding this nonsense to a 12 team playoff. That will make the regular season pointless. It’s a dumb idea. Hell why not expand it to 64 like basketball and just play a football tournament. Forget the season.

Collegiate sports are determined to ruin themselves.
I don’t know man. I don’t really like this take lol. I actually believe the playoff is a good thing. The old way almost never got it right. The regular season is still going to matter but man it sucks when the two best teams in the nation are in the same conference and cause each other to lose. Someone loses a QB to a freak injury and drops a game and then someone gets in even though that QB gets healthy. I believe College football without a playoff almost always assured the two actual best teams never played. And a 12 team playoff with home playoff games?!? What is not to love?

EdLongshanks

12 pointer
Nov 16, 2013
Northern Kentucky
I don’t know man. I don’t really like this take lol. I actually believe the playoff is a good thing. The old way almost never got it right. The regular season is still going to matter but man it sucks when the two best teams in the nation are in the same conference and cause each other to lose. Someone loses a QB to a freak injury and drops a game and then someone gets in even though that QB gets healthy. I believe College football without a playoff almost always assured the two actual best teams never played. And a 12 team playoff with home playoff games?!? What is not to love?
I don’t remember the bowl selection process ever getting it wrong?

CalebConn16

8 pointer
May 27, 2016
I don’t remember the bowl selection process ever getting it wrong?
Look at TCU for example. If we still had a bowl selection TCU would have no shot whatsoever because they lost their championship game. Hell they wouldn’t be in even if they didn’t lose. Say we have a playoff and they get in and that game was just a one off and they go all the way and win. Would that not be more exciting to you than oh Georgia steamrolled everyone this year, so did Michigan albeit against subpar competition so here you go guys. If we’re being completely honest here we all know that with a bracket set up with Georgia vs OSU and Michigan Vs. Bama it’ll be Georgia Bama in the championship.

https://www.sbnation.com/platform/a.../college-football-playoff-selection-committee

And for what it’s worth that article highlights years that a playoff would have been better in the BCS era

xbokilla

12 pointer
Jun 28, 2012
Does the conference championship even matter? Here’s something I’ve always said, if you can’t go 500 vs your conference then no bowl bid. Those years UK got a Toilet Bowl bid with a losing SEC record is garbage. Let’s just let everyone be bowl eligible. Because you win 5-6 games total should not make you bowl eligible! I don’t care what conference you play in.

Latest posts