Kentucky Football is BAAACK!!! Sadly enough...

EdLongshanks

12 pointer
Nov 16, 2013
Northern Kentucky
There were so many controversies I lost count. There all out there if anybody wants to look.
Please list them with all the blatant evidence proving it was erroneous? Controversy was small schools playing a shit schedule and wanting to play with the actual good teams in the championship. That’s not how it should work

EdLongshanks

12 pointer
Nov 16, 2013
Northern Kentucky
Until there are 4 clear and concise conferences with understood equal value, the playoff system is a joke. “At large” bids are stupid. Weighting conference strength is stupid. Make 4 massive conferences and determine a champion. Have the conference champions play each other to determine the national champion. Live with the results. Until then, give me the bowl selection committee

Please list them with all the blatant evidence proving it was erroneous? Controversy was small schools playing a shit schedule and wanting to play with the actual good teams in the championship. That’s not how it should work
I don’t need to list anything, it’s all out there Ed. Do a search for “BCS controversies”, be a great place for you to start your research. You’ll either acknowledge it or you won’t and you won’t need to rely on me lol.

xbokilla

12 pointer
Jun 28, 2012
I don’t even think they had it right in 2012. Wasn’t that still Selection Committee? Seems like the playoff started in 14 but could be wrong? That Notre Dame vs Bama “dream matchup” where Bama actually called off the dogs and won 42-14. It was 28-0 at half time. Regardless of NDs record they were placed in that spot for being ND. Anyone who knows football knew in advance Bama would beat them to death. It has to have improved from that?

RLWEBB

12 pointer
Nov 30, 2005
Staffordsville, KY
I don’t even think they had it right in 2012. Wasn’t that still Selection Committee? Seems like the playoff started in 14 but could be wrong? That Notre Dame vs Bama “dream matchup” where Bama actually called off the dogs and won 42-14. It was 28-0 at half time. Regardless of NDs record they were placed in that spot for being ND. Anyone who knows football knew in advance Bama would beat them to death. It has to have improved from that?
Don’t think much more is needed after this.

xbokilla

12 pointer
Jun 28, 2012
Well I do think they got the playoff right with as close as TCU played in that title game. Still it shouldn’t matter about conference. Ought to be MI/OSU in 2-3 game. But is what it is.

Buzzy

10 pointer
Oct 15, 2013
Well I do think they got the playoff right with as close as TCU played in that title game. Still it shouldn’t matter about conference. Ought to be MI/OSU in 2-3 game. But is what it is.
Called it. They know how to make the most $$$.

CalebConn16

8 pointer
May 27, 2016
Until there are 4 clear and concise conferences with understood equal value, the playoff system is a joke. “At large” bids are stupid. Weighting conference strength is stupid. Make 4 massive conferences and determine a champion. Have the conference champions play each other to determine the national champion. Live with the results. Until then, give me the bowl selection committee
I really think this is just your “back in my day” thing that everyone has. Fact is some years in college football in the BCS era the best teams lost one game and were heavily penalized and had almost no shot. Mid majors had no shot even if they went undefeated. Much like TCU. TCU even if they went undefeated in regular season and won their conference this year would not have been in a bowl game for a championship. How can we definitively say without a shadow of a doubt that unless they had a chance the best team won? No one liked the bowl selection when it was a thing absolutely no one. In fact I believe you’re the only human I have ever came in contact with that schills for them. And at this point idk if you’re honestly being truthful, or your argue with Jesus about who created humans side is coming out.

bgkyarcher

12 pointer
Aug 23, 2011
BG
I really think this is just your “back in my day” thing that everyone has. Fact is some years in college football in the BCS era the best teams lost one game and were heavily penalized and had almost no shot. Mid majors had no shot even if they went undefeated. Much like TCU. TCU even if they went undefeated in regular season and won their conference this year would not have been in a bowl game for a championship. How can we definitively say without a shadow of a doubt that unless they had a chance the best team won? No one liked the bowl selection when it was a thing absolutely no one. In fact I believe you’re the only human I have ever came in contact with that schills for them. And at this point idk if you’re honestly being truthful, or your argue with Jesus about who created humans side is coming out.
Mid majors don’t deserve a shot unless they play 2-3 real teams in non-conference. Beating a bunch of scrub teams in a scrub conference means nothing

CalebConn16

8 pointer
May 27, 2016
Mid majors don’t deserve a shot unless they play 2-3 real teams in non-conference. Beating a bunch of scrub teams in a scrub conference means nothing
I agree. But the dirty secret of the BCS is most good mid majors do. TCU played a ten times harder schedule than Michigan did. Hell michigans schedule is worse than probably Utahs, or Cincinnatis.

bgkyarcher

12 pointer
Aug 23, 2011
BG
I agree. But the dirty secret of the BCS is most good mid majors do. TCU played a ten times harder schedule than Michigan did. Hell michigans schedule is worse than probably Utahs, or Cincinnatis.
That is false. Mich schedule wasn’t hard, but 10 times is a ridiculous statement. Let’s not embellish things. They beat Penn St and Ohio St. both of those teams were better than any team TCU played. Come on now.

CalebConn16

8 pointer
May 27, 2016
That is false. Mich schedule wasn’t hard, but 10 times is a ridiculous statement. Let’s not embellish things. They beat Penn St and Ohio St. both of those teams were better than any team TCU played. Come on now.
TCU beat Oklahoma, ok state, Texas, and k-state. Michigan literally played 1 team all year that had any chance. TCU would roll Penn state. Michigan gets 2 losses in TCU’s schedule

CalebConn16

8 pointer
May 27, 2016
Hell UK with broke Levis would win 10-11 this year with michigans schedule

timer

12 pointer
Feb 20, 2013
La Grange
I want to see GA play MI. Given the money grab by ESPN/Disney, I may not get to see that game.

When OSU played MI, all the marbles should have been on the table. The winner should advance, the loser look forward to next year. In hindsight, that game now means nothing.

Same with TCU and OKSt. I don't care if TCU beat USC, Bama, and Tennessee during the season....If they lose in their conference championship game....They should be done with regard to the National Championship.

And finally, college football is about tradition. The Bama/Auburn game used to mean something. Same with OK/NE and Ole Miss/Miss State and OSU/MI and USC/UCLA. Those games don't mean squat with a 12 team playoff.

Latest posts