Kentucky medical marijuana legalization

predator1

12 pointer
Dec 25, 2008
On top of a hill in Ky
I can read just fine. Matter of fact I have read the information, dates, and actual studies straight off NHTSA’s website twice since you made your claim. It is still there if you are interested in the facts.
Well, either present your findings or quit pontificating. You keep telling us what you read and seen. But you’ve yet to provide anything other than “I read twice”. 25% of all vehicle crash fatalities are alcohol related. Only 0.6% of vehicle fatalities are in anyway related to marijuana use. Considering that at least 40% of the population has used or uses marijuana I’d say that makes it at least 500% safer than the alcohol no one’s seems to want to ban. But ignore facts backed by real numbers everyone can see. Keep stump thumping to everyone here so they can see the real truth and motivation behind your comments.

carnivore

12 pointer
Nov 17, 2007
Ky
Honestly The only problem with driving while high on marijuana is occasionally forgetting where you intended to go. Lol

I dont think its a good idea (nor should be legal to drive impaired) especially if a person doesn’t use it regularly. But driving high is nothing like driving drunk.

Does marijuana impair driving the way alcohol does?

Go back to 10 Facts About Marijuana
Yes and no. Large doses of marijuana can affect perception and psychomotor performance, changes that could impair driving ability. But in driving studies, marijuana produces little or no car-handling impairment – consistently less than produced by moderate doses of alcohol and many legal medications.

Mixing marijuana and alcohol together amplifies potential risks. Surveys show that when THC is detected in the blood of fatally injured drivers, alcohol is often detected as well.

It is never a good idea to get behind the wheel when intoxicated, even if just from marijuana alone.

For some people, marijuana may play a role in bad driving, but the overall rate of highway accidents does not appear to be significantly affected by marijuana’s widespread use. Also, people who frequently use marijuana appear to develop a tolerance to marijuana’s impairing effects.

Prevention Measures

Unfortunately, as a result of marijuana’s criminalization, harm prevention measures that exist for alcohol consumption – such as safe use guidelines, formal intoxication levels, designated driver education, and easily accessible information about how alcohol impacts physical and mental functioning – are not widely available for marijuana use.

In states where marijuana is legally controlled and regulated, public education about using marijuana safely, including not driving under the influence, is becoming more readily available.

Last edited:

FF/EMT516

10 pointer
Nov 22, 2020
Caneyville, Ky
Honestly The only problem with driving while high on marijuana is occasionally forgetting where you intended to go. Lol

I dont think its a good idea (nor should be legal to drive impaired) especially if a person doesn’t use it regularly. But driving high is nothing like driving drunk.

Does marijuana impair driving the way alcohol does?

Go back to 10 Facts About Marijuana
Yes and no. Large doses of marijuana can affect perception and psychomotor performance, changes that could impair driving ability. But in driving studies, marijuana produces little or no car-handling impairment – consistently less than produced by moderate doses of alcohol and many legal medications.

Mixing marijuana and alcohol together amplifies potential risks. Surveys show that when THC is detected in the blood of fatally injured drivers, alcohol is often detected as well.

It is never a good idea to get behind the wheel when intoxicated, even if just from marijuana alone.

For some people, marijuana may play a role in bad driving, but the overall rate of highway accidents does not appear to be significantly affected by marijuana’s widespread use. Also, people who frequently use marijuana appear to develop a tolerance to marijuana’s impairing effects.

Prevention Measures

Unfortunately, as a result of marijuana’s criminalization, harm prevention measures that exist for alcohol consumption – such as safe use guidelines, formal intoxication levels, designated driver education, and easily accessible information about how alcohol impacts physical and mental functioning – are not widely available for marijuana use.

In states where marijuana is legally controlled and regulated, public education about using marijuana safely, including not driving under the influence, is becoming more readily available.
I got a buddy who said when he was in high school, emphasis on high part. Smoked weed with his friend and they were gonna go to Taco Bell and they sat in the car for 15 mins thinking they were driving before they decided to just go back inside.

bigbonner

12 pointer
Aug 5, 2015
If someone could find any benefits to it that would keep the government or big pharma from capitalizing off of it. You can bet your ass that’s exactly what would happen.
Big tobacco is eyeing pot and I have heard this for a long time that Phillip Morris was wanting to get in the business

predator1

12 pointer
Dec 25, 2008
On top of a hill in Ky
Big tobacco is eyeing pot and I have heard this for a long time that Phillip Morris was wanting to get in the business
No doubt. It’ll be big pharma or tobacco that makes legalization happen nationwide. A few big donations to the McConnells, Pelosi, Schumer, etc… and it’ll be fast tracked. They aren’t going to push till they know they have the market cornered with government regulation to ensure all of them make millions and billions from it. Can’t allow the average Joe to be self sufficient and medicated.

bigbonner

12 pointer
Aug 5, 2015
No doubt. It’ll be big pharma or tobacco that makes legalization happen nationwide. A few big donations to the McConnells, Pelosi, Schumer, etc… and it’ll be fast tracked. They aren’t going to push till they know they have the market cornered with government regulation to ensure all of them make millions and billions from it. Can’t allow the average Joe to be self sufficient and medicated.
Yes and it is about like Whiskey. You can make homemade wine or beer, but whiskey is a no no. You can make whiskey if you pay the Governments price with permits and other LARGE fees that come with it. Fees are so large that a home maker cannot afford to make their own whiskey.

Tankt

12 pointer
Dec 26, 2019
Kentucky
Yes and it is about like Whiskey. You can make homemade wine or beer, but whiskey is a no no. You can make whiskey if you pay the Governments price with permits and other LARGE fees that come with it. Fees are so large that a home maker cannot afford to make their own whiskey.

Start up costs for weed is damn near free though

slobear

12 pointer
Nov 20, 2014
Trump town, USA
Well, either present your findings or quit pontificating.
Yeah, that’s not how this is going to work. Now let’s talk about your 40% of people have used or are users, lmao! Let me guess, new york times?

I have provided my sources that blows your opinion out of water. Don’t sweat it, every drunk thinks they are safe drivers also.

Let me guess, you know plenty of professionals, lawyers,drs,etc that smoke everyday lol. Whatever it takes for you to justify it I suppose.

HeadedWest

10 pointer
Nov 22, 2016
https://governor.ky.gov/attachments/20221115_Executive-Order_2022-798_Medical-Cannabis.pdf

These are real issues with sick people…this isnt the common “anxiety” used in many states who were just trying to bridge the legalization gap.
2B151A50-0177-4D19-B406-282E42AC846A.jpeg

bigbonner

12 pointer
Aug 5, 2015
The gov will change that is if it is ever legal to grow pot in KY. Licenses, permits, background checks and taxes
Harvest, process buildings and crops will be inspected. This will not be free unless they allow a home grower to grow a certain amount of plants and then they may still place a tax on each plant.

Buzzy

10 pointer
Oct 15, 2013
Yeah, that’s not how this is going to work. Now let’s talk about your 40% of people have used or are users, lmao! Let me guess, new york times?

I have provided my sources that blows your opinion out of water. Don’t sweat it, every drunk thinks they are safe drivers also.

Let me guess, you know plenty of professionals, lawyers,drs,etc that smoke everyday lol. Whatever it takes for you to justify it I suppose.

We havent heard or seen anything from you that blows anything out of the water. Actually I spit my drink out about once a night from laughin at what you said. So I guess that counts

Last edited:

predator1

12 pointer
Dec 25, 2008
On top of a hill in Ky

Yes, 40%. That’s with people being honest on surveys that don’t disclose who they are. I’ve offered no opinion. I’ve offered stats directly from the NHTSA and NIH. Even posted screenshots to back it up. You keep saying that’s where you got yours. But you’ve yet to link it so we can see it for ourselves. But keep pontificating. I love watching people with big egos get exposed for their nonsense babbling.

9F5D586E-09A2-42D2-A6F4-84E7747F7792.jpeg

bigbonner

12 pointer
Aug 5, 2015
https://governor.ky.gov/attachments/20221115_Executive-Order_2022-798_Medical-Cannabis.pdf

These are real issues with sick people…this isnt the common “anxiety” used in many states who were just trying to bridge the legalization gap.
View attachment 106938
What I see is that some DR's will write prescriptions, and some won't. The ones that will, will be flooded with new customers.
What about the laws that pertain to import into KY?
I don't know why I am interested in this but maybe if it ever came to a farmer being allowed to grow and sell, it could help me make a legal profit from my farm.