Kentucky medical marijuana legalization

You sound more like an Anarchist.
An “anarchist” while simultaneously not believing in violating the civil rights of others? I didn’t read one word of drivel beyond that zero lick of sense comment lol. Anarchists don’t GAF about civil rights and the Constitution lmao, I’m not an anarchist I’m just anti-authoritarian state. I can’t compete brother, you have won and beat me down with that one lololololol. Speechless. Sounds like you’re at a loss for a substantive rebuttal and felt an insult would help your position. All I can figure.

Last edited:
I'd love to hear how you think the government has the power to declare it illegal.
It’s a perfect example of “tyranny of the majority” allowed by the courts. There are numerous examples throughout history, slavery one example and prohibition another. With that said HR is right, he doesn’t have the constitutional authority to override state legislation, constitutional or not.

Shellback

6 pointer
Jul 30, 2022
Marshall County
You sound more like an Anarchist.

I agree with you on a lot of points but not the blanket understanding that a person should have freedom to do anything and everything they so choose.
Anarchy is when there are no rules. Not what Drake was saying. You should have the freedom to do anything and everything you so choose, as long as you are not damaging another person. When you cross that line, then the government should step in and resolve the dispute. That's not anarchy.

Anarchy is when there are no rules. Not what Drake was saying. You should have the freedom to do anything and everything you so choose, as long as you are not damaging another person. When you cross that line, then the government should step in and resolve the dispute. That's not anarchy.
The only reason for government to even exist is to protect the rights of all people, not to infringe on them. That’s just good old common horse sense isn’t it?

WildmanWilson

12 pointer
Dec 26, 2004
Western Ky.
And the argument I laid out in previous post is drugs do damage many more people than just the ones doing them.

If you are on an island by yourself with a shipwreck full of dope… hey go for it. Snort, inject, smoke, eat, everything on it but the anchor if you want. It affects no one but you. That’s not how it works in the real world though.

HuntressOfLight

12 pointer
Nov 23, 2019
Guarding my lovely bluebirds
And the argument I laid out in previous post is drugs do damage many more people than just the ones doing them.

If you are on an island by yourself with a shipwreck full of dope… hey go for it. Snort, inject, smoke, eat, everything on it but the anchor if you want. It affects no one but you. That’s not how it works in the real world though.

The island critters would feast upon him. Put him upon one with
multitudes of monkeys. He could get stoned, and they could all toss their feces at one another. It would be perfect.

Shellback

6 pointer
Jul 30, 2022
Marshall County

Well, one could say the same about alcohol, but we can all drink... wonder why that is?

And doing drugs doesn't hurt other people. It only hurts you. Its the things people do when they lose control of their habit that hurt other people. So punish them for that. Not everyone who does drugs, particularly potheads, harm other people.

There is also an argument that the laws against drugs do more damage than the drugs themselves. Corrupt police, asset forfeiture BS, excessive prison populations, locking junkies into a black market underworld, artificial pricing due to black market economics, financing cartels, etc.

But really, all of that isn't relevant to the question I posed. From where, exactly, does the government derive the power to tell me what I can and cannot put into my own body? Do I belong to myself, or the government?

The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.[7]

HuntressOfLight

12 pointer
Nov 23, 2019
You go girl, straight to the funny farm where you will get full doses of the real deal, maybe a new jacket.

No thanks. I have already had the pleasure of becoming acquainted with one whom had been previously diagnosed as schizophrenic. His brother worked for me, and his own decades of drug usage were bad enough, resulting in super slow cognition, but he still couldn't hold a candle to his schizophrenic brother.

High Rack

12 pointer
Dec 21, 2009
in the hills
No thanks. I have already had the pleasure of becoming acquainted with one whom had been previously diagnosed as schizophrenic. His brother worked for me, and his own decades of drug usage were bad enough, resulting in super slow cognition, but he still couldn't hold a candle to his schizophrenic brother.
You seem to have a bit of schizo yourself, have you been closet using?

HuntressOfLight

12 pointer
Nov 23, 2019
You seem to have a bit of schizo yourself, have you been closet using?

Nope and that guy had hallucinations and delusions. Seemed completely normal, initial impression. He thought that he had telepathic conversations with Madonna and also thought that he had a secret contract with the CIA. He could work within a manic state weeks at a time with no sleep, but would then crash, bed-ridden for weeks thereafter, recuperating. Stoner.

Latest posts