Kentucky medical marijuana legalization

WildmanWilson

12 pointer
Dec 26, 2004
Western Ky.
Red meat and donuts affect all of us far more than all of the cannabis that’s ever been consumed. Prohibitionists don’t believe in it and think everybody else should be banned because of their personal beliefs. That’s the facts.
This is always the dumbest argument I hear. I’ve never seen anyone stealing a lawn more to pawn for donuts. I’ve never seen children taken from a home because they eat steak. I’ve never seen a post on Facebook about a family member dying from eating a streusel laced with an unknown ingredient that caused them to drop dead.

We know anything in excess can kill us. You can OD on water and die. I get what your aiming at. It doesn’t work with me because I live in reality and see the effects drug have on the country.

And I didn’t mean the anarchist remark in a derogatory way. Just seems you want a world with no laws or government interference.

WildmanWilson

12 pointer
Dec 26, 2004
Western Ky.
Well, one could say the same about alcohol, but we can all drink... wonder why that is?

And doing drugs doesn't hurt other people. It only hurts you. Its the things people do when they lose control of their habit that hurt other people. So punish them for that. Not everyone who does drugs, particularly potheads, harm other people.

There is also an argument that the laws against drugs do more damage than the drugs themselves. Corrupt police, asset forfeiture BS, excessive prison populations, locking junkies into a black market underworld, artificial pricing due to black market economics, financing cartels, etc.

But really, all of that isn't relevant to the question I posed. From where, exactly, does the government derive the power to tell me what I can and cannot put into my own body? Do I belong to myself, or the government?

You couldn’t be more wrong if your tried. Drugs do harm to everyone they touch. You may not have read anything I said earlier but they cost us billions directly or indirectly. They harm relationships. They do harm to the children that live under these conditions. How can you possibly believe they only harm the people taking them?

Edit to the last part of your question.

Does anyone have a right to tell you what you put in your body? Well at times I’ll say. You can drink but not while driving. Why? Because you can affect others when you do. It’s funny what you can and cannot do. You can ride a motorcycle without a helmet but must wear a seatbelt. That’s an odd one for me. Drugs, not just pot, come at a huge cost for everyone. It’s not just the people taking them that it affects. Like I’ve said before, if you want to change the laws then elect people that will do it. A government of the people, by the people, for the people. It’s up to the majority to set policies we agree with.

Last edited:

EdLongshanks

12 pointer
Nov 16, 2013
Northern Kentucky
Red meat and donuts affect all of us far more than all of the cannabis that’s ever been consumed. Prohibitionists don’t believe in it and think everybody else should be banned because of their personal beliefs. That’s the facts.
That’s not true. Pot has damn near 100 more carcinogens than tobacco. It’s addictive and can certainly be damaging to users….especially the youth. The psychological effects are undetermined. I also lean towards legalization on a libertarian basis but you act as if there is no repercussion. That’s patently false.

Last edited:

Buzzy

10 pointer
Oct 15, 2013
That’s not true. Pot has damn near 100 more carcinogens than tobacco. It’s addictive and can certainly be damaging to users….especially the youth. The psychological effects are undetermined. I also lean towards legislation on a libertarian basis but you act as if there is no repercussion. That’s patently false.
Prove it

east_ky_hunter

10 pointer
Aug 29, 2010
East Ky
Alcohol is worse for society than weed imo. I think it should be legal. I’ve tried it a few times and had the worst damn panic attacks. Thought I was dying the last time. Started off, I freaked out because I thought I was going to swallow my tongue and choke to death which manifested into I couldn’t feel myself breathing. Never, ever again.

EdLongshanks

12 pointer
Nov 16, 2013
Northern Kentucky
Well, one could say the same about alcohol, but we can all drink... wonder why that is?

And doing drugs doesn't hurt other people. It only hurts you. Its the things people do when they lose control of their habit that hurt other people. So punish them for that. Not everyone who does drugs, particularly potheads, harm other people.

There is also an argument that the laws against drugs do more damage than the drugs themselves. Corrupt police, asset forfeiture BS, excessive prison populations, locking junkies into a black market underworld, artificial pricing due to black market economics, financing cartels, etc.

But really, all of that isn't relevant to the question I posed. From where, exactly, does the government derive the power to tell me what I can and cannot put into my own body? Do I belong to myself, or the government?

The Interstate commerce clause. You and I may disagree….but the us Supreme Court has sustained this notion multiple times. To me state authority is paramount. The people of the state shall determine what they deem permissible and what they do not. Put it on the ballot.

Buzzy

10 pointer
Oct 15, 2013
Alcohol is worse for society than weed imo. I think it should be legal. I’ve tried it a few times and had the worst damn panic attacks. Thought I was dying the last time. Started off, I freaked out because I thought I was going to swallow my tongue and choke to death which manifested into I couldn’t feel myself breathing. Never, ever again.
You were just thirsty

EdLongshanks

12 pointer
Nov 16, 2013
Northern Kentucky
1669264814620.gif

Brody

10 pointer
Apr 7, 2019
No place like home
Buzzy said he like to have some of that stuff .

Capttrae

12 pointer
Apr 2, 2012
Buzzy said he like to have some of that stuff .
Hell I’d like to have some of that. Last time I smoked, filled the bong twice thinkin it was the same old dirt weed I used to smoke turns out I was wrong. When it’s been near 10 years 1 bong hit would have sufficed. Ended up walking back a forth from my living room to the kitchen for 4 hours talking to Coal about every problem and thought I try to keep suppressed.

timer

12 pointer
Feb 20, 2013
La Grange
Interesting perspectives....My $0.02....

Some people want to get high. For my money, I'd rather they get high on pot than alcohol. I've never seen anyone high on pot that I consider likely to become aggressive or violent.

Pot has medicinal value for some. I've seen it first-hand. And whether the effect is real or psychosomatic doesn't matter. If someone with cancer - or any other debilitating ailment for that matter - thinks it helps them, that's good enough for me. I'd rather a hundred people get pot on false pretenses than for one person who actually needs it be denied.

With regard to meth, heroin, fentanyl, cocaine....the war on drugs was over a long time ago. We lost. Get over it. Move on. It's time to remove the financial incentive for those who can outsmart the police or do an end-run around our laws. It's time to stop making criminals out of ordinary people who fell into a trap. It's time to put an end to the losses innocent people suffer as a result of an addict needing a fix. And for people who are addicted, it's time to decriminalize their addiction and get them the help they need.

Latest posts