Kentucky medical marijuana legalization

HuntressOfLight

12 pointer
Nov 23, 2019
Guarding my lovely bluebirds
Wasn’t aware...

You should become accustomed to such. All drug addicts wish to talk about drugs and little else within life. Fact. Meanwhile, you have earned a snapped green bean visual.

20221124_075056.jpg

Buzzy

10 pointer
Oct 15, 2013
“Marijuana smoke and tobacco smoke share carcinogens, including toxic gases, reactive oxygen species, and polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons, such as benzo[alpha]pyrene and phenols, which are 20 times higher in unfiltered marijuana than in cigarette smoke,” write first author Dr. Mehrnaz Ghasemiesfe and colleagues

Marijuana smoke contains carcinogenic combustion products, including about 50% more benzoprene and 75% more benzanthracene (and more phenols, vinyl chlorides, nitrosamines, reactive oxygen species) than cigarette smoke.67 Because of how it is typically smoked (deeper inhale, held for longer), marijuana smoking leads to four times the deposition of tar compared to cigarette smoking.

Both the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) and the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fifth Edition (DSM-5) identify marijuana as an addictive drug.

predator1

12 pointer
Dec 25, 2008
On top of a hill in Ky
The article basically states that the studies at hand are insufficient and further research is required….but that’s not what we were discussing. The fact remains, it has more cancer causing crap in it than tobacco.
Be curious if they was comparing that to filtered or non filtered. I used to smoke Marlboro lights years ago. I ran out late at night at a friends house and his dad offered me one of his Camel Full Flavor Non Filtered cigarettes. Those suckers were potent! Felt just like I’d smoked a joint. :eek:

EdLongshanks

12 pointer
Nov 16, 2013
Northern Kentucky
Be curious if they was comparing that to filtered or non filtered. I used to smoke Marlboro lights years ago. I ran out late at night at a friends house and his dad offered me one of his Camel Full Flavor Non Filtered cigarettes. Those suckers were potent! Felt just like I’d smoked a joint. :eek:
Hahaha. I used to love camel lights. I couldn’t do Non filters. Not a chance. They were for real men

bigbonner

12 pointer
Aug 5, 2015
Indians smoked Rustica tobacco. It was/ is the highest nicotine tobacco around. They smoked it to see spirits.

timer

12 pointer
Feb 20, 2013
La Grange
@timer i agree with everything you said except for helping the junkies on the hard stuff, I’m speaking from personal experince here, I used to have a major problem with booger sugar, like, I don’t have money for supper tonight so let me get a ball fronted so I won’t have to eat for 2-3 days and pay for it on payday type problem.
You can’t help an addict until they are ready to help themselves. You can preach, pray, and beat your head against that wall they are up against until you are blue in the face and it’s not going to help. When they are ready to quit they have to make the first step. Then and only then will any kind of rehab etc help. Even then expect a relapse or two, it happens. But when that happens they’ve got to know someone is there that won’t give up on them. It’s the hardest battle they’ll ever fight and it’s not one that’ll just go away with time, it’s an ongoing battle for the rest of their lives. It does get easier after a while but that temptation will always be there and it’s hard to resist some times.

You are correct. You can't "cure" addiction until the junkie wants to stop. And from what I've been told by folks who work at rehab clinics, the average junkie will relapse six or seven times - even when they want to quit. (I've aso been told that the younger the junkie is when they become an addict, the harder it is for them to get clean.)

But from my perspective you can "provide care" by decriminalizing addiction such that it is legal for the junkie to obtain small supplies of their chosen drug. I believe the first step in getting junkies to even try to get help is to reassure them that they will never have to face withdrawal symptoms. It's time to provide this care so they don't have to steal, rob or even kill (which they will absolutely do) innocent people to get money to satisfy the monkey on their back.

Buzzy

10 pointer
Oct 15, 2013
You are correct. You can't "cure" addiction until the junkie wants to stop. And from what I've been told by folks who work at rehab clinics, the average junkie will relapse six or seven times - even when they want to quit. (I've aso been told that the younger the junkie is when they become an addict, the harder it is for them to get clean.)

But from my perspective you can "provide care" by decriminalizing addiction such that it is legal for the junkie to obtain small supplies of their chosen drug. I believe the first step in getting junkies to even try to get help is to reassure them that they will never have to face withdrawal symptoms. It's time to provide this care so they don't have to steal, rob or even kill (which they will absolutely do) innocent people to get money to satisfy the monkey on their back.
Addiction is genetic not mental. Once we start treating that way we can start moving forward. Some have a predisposition to it. Thats the reality that no one wants to admit.

I agree with the "provide care" model, thats why I'm pro clean needle program as well. In the end its a net positive for society as a whole.

Buzzy

10 pointer
Oct 15, 2013
I disagree, addiction is mental. There may be a predisposition or having an addictive personality or whatever you want to call it, but the first step in getting clean is deciding it’s time and you want to
Data shows otherwise.

Most addicts don’t want to be addicts once they realize they are addicts. So in that regard I agree.

Agree to disagree.

EdLongshanks

12 pointer
Nov 16, 2013
Northern Kentucky
The idea that genetics determine addiction is retarded. It’s a theory to further excuse irresponsibility. They have not isolated a genome. They have not proven anything. It is a theory at best. Not to mention the manifestation of those “genes” depends on a multitude of variables. I’m sorry if you have fought those demons, but don’t blame it on your genes. Take ownership of your mistakes and correct them.

EdLongshanks

12 pointer
Nov 16, 2013
Northern Kentucky
I disagree, addiction is mental. There may be a predisposition or having an addictive personality or whatever you want to call it, but the first step in getting clean is deciding it’s time and you want to
Absolutely and the overwhelming majority of the time deciding to get clean is sadly not enough. Addiction is tragically sad. It has destroyed so many lives.

Latest posts