KyTradFest 2022 , April 1,2,3

Jman

10 pointer
Feb 14, 2003
I was speaking to a guy in Florida recently and he was telling me about the one in Crystal Springs. I would love to go to that one but I've got too many irons in the fire this year to make that run. He goes by Omnivore Homestead on youtube and Instagram. I invited him to the KY Tradfest and sent him the flyer.

I need to check my pop-up for it's birthdate. I think it's a '94 or '98, can't remember for sure. All those cool things that your camper has?.................mine don't.

grinder

12 pointer
Oct 28, 2003
harrodsburg, ky, USA.
I was speaking to a guy in Florida recently and he was telling me about the one in Crystal Springs. I would love to go to that one but I've got too many irons in the fire this year to make that run. He goes by Omnivore Homestead on youtube and Instagram. I invited him to the KY Tradfest and sent him the flyer.

I need to check my pop-up for it's birthdate. I think it's a '94 or '98, can't remember for sure. All those cool things that your camper has?.................mine don't.
I couldnt tell you if any of those accessories work, other than the electric lift.

Sandman73

6 pointer
Dec 1, 2004
Paris Ky
Can we order up some of this weather for Tradfest? It is REALLY NICE outside. I've got the green grass fever coming on. Ready to turn some cattle out on pasture but I'm sure it will turn winter a time or two before that happens.

Sandman73

6 pointer
Dec 1, 2004
Paris Ky
For a cattle farmer the very best weather possible is the need to mow grass twice a week. No whining here about mowing grass.

Jman

10 pointer
Feb 14, 2003
Derek, what you want to do is join up with some of the guys that are used to hunting for their arrows. Sandman73, Tarzan, etc. For some reason they've got a lot of experience looking for arrows. :)
You just need to come and have a good time. And yes.........bring some extra arrows. You may not need them but then again..........you might!

On a serious note, I saw this program on this site for several years before I finally tried it. The only thing that you will regret is that you didn't come to it years before. You will experience a "traditional bow overdose".

Derek Trent

Spike
Aug 17, 2019
Carter county
Derek, what you want to do is join up with some of the guys that are used to hunting for their arrows. Sandman73, Tarzan, etc. For some reason they've got a lot of experience looking for arrows. :)
You just need to come and have a good time. And yes.........bring some extra arrows. You may not need them but then again..........you might!

On a serious note, I saw this program on this site for several years before I finally tried it. The only thing that you will regret is that you didn't come to it years before. You will experience a "traditional bow overdose".
That sounds good to me ya know I’ve shot traditional for 15 or so years and am not very active online so I never knew there was such a community so close to home. I was really looking to join up with KTBA and was curious what kind of impact they have with legislation or at least a voice in proceedings

Last edited:

Jman

10 pointer
Feb 14, 2003
That sounds good to me ya know I’ve shot traditional for 15 or so years and am not very active online so I never knew there was such a community so close to home. I was really looking to join up with KTBA and was curious what kind of impact they have with legislation or at least a voice in proceedings
Derek, sent pm

grinder

12 pointer
Oct 28, 2003
harrodsburg, ky, USA.
I would like to say we have an impact on legislation, but we are in no way a lobby group in politics. We are basically a bunch of goofballs that get together and horse around, with the average mentallity of pre schoolers.
Our goal from day one, was to promote traditional archery, and have fun while we do it.
Over the last 15 years or so we have donated money to National Archery in Schools Program, through a fund raiser shoot we call the ‘Tyler Roberts Memorial Shoot’
Tyler was a young member in the prime of his life that was killed in a motorcycle accident.
Every August shoot people donate items that we raffle, then ear mark this money to help schools buy the equipment they need for NASP.
There are a few schools out there that we purchased starter kits for that have a NASP program now, they may never had, if not for KTBA.
That is our biggest point of pride.
We have 2 bowyers that donate custom made bows every year, that are raffled.
These two guys are to be commended as our biggest contributers, as their donations create the most.
Their names are
Kevin Brown (Herwaybows)
Mike Miller ( Crooked Stic Bows)
I have several bows from both, and highly reccomend them.
They will have these on display, and selling raffle tickets at KyTradFest, and we will also draw for the winners there.

Latest posts