My Lovely Bluebirds

HuntressOfLight

12 pointer
Nov 23, 2019
Guarding my lovely bluebirds
Believe this to be the second one handled.

20220623_080904.jpg

thunderstorm

8 pointer
Dec 13, 2001
Nice pics. I've been enjoying watching my family (maybe 2) of bluebirds that hatched out here and are now flying around continuously. Parents are still bringing them food. We've had successful nesting of those, chickadees, cardinals, several wrens, red shoulder hawk, and robins (although I never found their nests). We've got about 1/2 dozen hummers. We use to get 25 or more. Pretty good year so far.

HuntressOfLight

12 pointer
Nov 23, 2019
Nice pics. I've been enjoying watching my family (maybe 2) of bluebirds that hatched out here and are now flying around continuously. Parents are still bringing them food. We've had successful nesting of those, chickadees, cardinals, several wrens, red shoulder hawk, and robins (although I never found their nests). We've got about 1/2 dozen hummers. We use to get 25 or more. Pretty good year so far.

Sounds really nice. I would have loved to work with them for some good shots, bringing them into more light, but simply more important giving them as fast a thorough look-over and cramming them back into their box as quickly as possible. Maybe once they have fledged. Made a really adorable video with one, year before last, climbing all over me that one was.

HuntressOfLight

12 pointer
Nov 23, 2019
I have all 4 of my bluebird boxes checked, cleaned, and ready to go. Hopefully I'll get more this summer.

Parents have been extremely busy feeding the past two days, high acton flying. Went out to them extremely early this morning, and only because I needed to secure their heat protection at a different angle, in order to provide better clearance for fledging. Don't wish for them to be forced low upon initial exit nor bump into it.

20220626_065226.jpg

As I was doing so, a heavy gust flipped it up into satelite position once again lol;

20220626_070843.jpg

so, I would have had to approach the box anyway... didn't dare open their box and the parents were chattering above but didn't dive bomb any of us.

Tied it completely off with twine, this time, being how I do not expect to be opening their box again.

20220626_070706.jpg

Glad it is raining now, directly before they fledge and not expected to do so again until this coming weekend, and that it is to cool down for a few days, should greatly benefit them.

All better now.

Last edited:

Latest posts