My Lovely Geese

HuntressOfLight

12 pointer
Nov 23, 2019
Guarding my lovely bluebirds
Should be interesting to see how long they remain, and whether they return. Two things I do know is that my dogs will remain stuck within the house, and I wish that I had already replaced my damaged camera. I waited until they began preening and quickly laid down, realizing I couldn't go anywhere for a while and did the same upon departure. 😀

20220404_161850.jpg

HuntressOfLight

12 pointer
Nov 23, 2019
Canuck Recon Mission
Accomplished

My lovely two geese departed. I surmise that neither Lord nor Lady Evil found them but will more closely check that side of the bank tomorrow. A yellow and white cat crossed their last known position, as I slowly walked down the hill.

HuntressOfLight

12 pointer
Nov 23, 2019
🥰9:50AM - Geese Alert at the pond, just flew in for it !

I had just slowly opened my bedroom door, in order to take a photo of one of my mischievous, juvenile squirrels, when I heard honking and spied geese through my tall trees of Bunnyville, coming down for landing. Cell phone battery currently at 8% and putting it in to charge now.

Last edited:

HuntressOfLight

12 pointer
Nov 23, 2019
^... it's the lovely couple yet again, and this time, they are on my property at the edge of the pond, beneath my bald cypress trees where Lady Evil likes to perch.

I started to slowly walk down there but quickly spied one and vice versa, causing me a slow walk backwards and into the house, fetching my driving glasses and damaged camera with telephoto lens. I stepped back out of my bedroom and into my hummingbird garden upon the deck, slowly stepping onto my wicker loveseat with all, and I was spotted yet again but focused my lens in upon them for a second, before sneaking back into the house to check my phone charge, which is now up to 24%.

Mostly Cloudy
41°F
Humidity70%
Wind SpeedW 13 G 25 mph
Barometer29.82 in (1009.8 mb)
Dewpoint32°F (0°C)
Visibility10.00 mi
Wind Chill34°F (1°C)
Last update8 Apr 9:53 am CDT

Last edited:

HuntressOfLight

12 pointer
Nov 23, 2019
😒...10:45AM...recon mission resulted in spying two young boys on the street beside the pond, one wearing a bright yellow rain jacket. I walked down my driveway, then down the street to them. The boys had already made their way off the street, onto yet another neighbor's property located opposite of the pond and were pushing their little toy trucks through a drainage path filled with run-off water. After confirming the geese had departed the pond, I called the boys back into the street, making inquiry about the geese.

They thought they had seen them but were not sure. I told them that I had recently begun to see them and thought they might be scoping out my wooded hill as a nesting spot. The sweet boys and I made a pact with each other to keep a look-out for them, and to be very careful not to frighten them in the future. Then, I spotted Lady Evil flying low, and we began to talk about her. They relayed that their mother is afraid Lady Evil will snatch their small dog. Next, I spotted our lovely geese two houses down, simply wandering through someone's front yard and pointed them out to the boys.

We agreed to walk away from the pond area. As we did so, the geese began honking and took to flight. They started out north and went out of view, but I could hear them circle. I never saw them again nor Lady Evil. That pond needs a house in the center, for the geese, and Lady Evil needs to be captured, then relocated.

Last edited:

HuntressOfLight

12 pointer
Nov 23, 2019
😀 2:45PM and they were spied yet again!

20220408_150359.jpg

That is as far as this phone's camera will zoom. They saw me exit my bedroom; thus, I returned and they have remained. I am going to measure that distance, once/if they depart, being a good long ways down the hill and across the pond. I don't know whether it's too early for tadpoles, but the area those geese are frequenting is where the majority of frogs have been congregating and calling.

HuntressOfLight

12 pointer
Nov 23, 2019
3:45PM - during off/on sprinkles, Lady Evil flew in and spied my lovely geese! I had gone out to check upon them, finding them over on the other end of the pond but still within it, when she flew in very low and cut back over them, circling around and landing within one of my bald cypress trees, the direction in which they were swimming.

20220408_160405.jpg

As is my usual way with her, I bolted down the hill along the edge of Bunnyville and instead of yelling at her, I clapped my hands, once. She did not move, the big witch, and here they came toward her. I knew that I had to risk scaring them into flight. I ran into the open and frightened her out of the tree and off my property, but she had no intention of flying far away, intent upon stalking them.🤬
20220408_161827.jpg

She simply flew to the other side of the pond, and my lovely geese continued to come my way, with me now standing out like a sore thumb within the open and rather close...

20220408_162449.jpg

I think they were wisely more worried about her wicked self than me. Lady Evil finally flew over us and across the street, out of my sight. She is still stalking them, of course, and I guess that she is attempting to alarm them into flight. I have more photos but am going to go check upon them again.

HuntressOfLight

12 pointer
Nov 23, 2019
4:45PM - both remain within the pond. I don't see Lady Evil within my trees nor across the street upon the utility lines, another of her favored perches. Hour old here and potential flurries tonight.

Overcast
43°F
Humidity56%
Wind SpeedNW 13 G 23 mph
Barometer29.89 in (1012.4 mb)
Dewpoint28°F (-2°C)
Visibility10.00 mi
Wind Chill36°F (2°C)
Last update8 Apr 3:53 pm CDT

HuntressOfLight

12 pointer
Nov 23, 2019
Goose to the east.

5:55PM - the lovely couple were nested beneath my cypress trees! Your post caused me to venture outside and check upon them, once again. I only ventured a few feet across my driveway and paused, unsure of what I may possibly be seeing. Not wishing to risk frightening them, I returned inside for my driving glasses and lens. Upon crossing my driveway yet again, they were standing. They had apparently seen me the first time. I left them alone and decided my beasts will soon be leashed for a walk, exiting via a door which cannot be viewed by my lovely geese. I have a feeling that precious goslings are in my future, which means that Lady Evil must be commandeered and relocated before such time. I'm making a call to KDFWR on Monday about her.

HuntressOfLight

12 pointer
Nov 23, 2019
Some geese have already hatched off.

Thank you, good to learn. I did not see them yesterday and remained clear of the pond with exception to early morning, while keeping my dogs at bay all day. I did hear all around dusk over in their roost as usual, though. Saw Lady Evil plenty of times, of course, and that new one, unless that was actually Lord Evil with a newly clipped right wing (had a decent sized V cut out of its feathers, dead center and they were barred)... didn't impair it one bit in flight.

Last edited:

HuntressOfLight

12 pointer
Nov 23, 2019
6:10AM - Geese alert

Three from the south heading north overhead.

Mostly Cloudy
66°F
Humidity50%
Wind SpeedS 9 mph
Barometer29.84 in (1010.1 mb)
Dewpoint47°F (8°C)
Visibility10.00 mi
Last update11 Apr 5:53 am CDT

6:17AM - They alerted those all the way over in the roost to the east, with a large number over those having just taken flight heading south.