Need Some Rain, DRY!

davers

12 pointer
Jul 14, 2014
Kentucky
Been watching the weather and it seems like it's too dry for this time of the year. Looked at the weather data and it looks like we might be heading for a dry and hot growing season. My observation is: when it is more windy than usual with little rainfall, usually means drought like conditions or unusually dry pattern setting-up for Summer. This continued "La Nino" pattern is not good at all. Might want to do a bit of watering on newly planted food plots this Summer unless things change for wetter weather conditions.

davers

12 pointer
Jul 14, 2014
Kentucky
Glad to hear some of you are receiving rain. Where I live we could use a good rain. It's been rather windy, and my two fields plus my woods are too dry for this time of the year. I hope we receive some rain this coming week.

JR in KY

12 pointer
Jan 25, 2006
The Occupied South
Glad to hear some of you are receiving rain. Where I live we could use a good rain. It's been rather windy, and my two fields plus my woods are too dry for this time of the year. I hope we receive some rain this coming week.
Same here in Pulaski @davers every rain Splits and moves North East of us. Next county Westward has had a lot more Rain.
No Rain....No Hay...

davers

12 pointer
Jul 14, 2014
Kentucky
My Taylor county farm is soggy. Same story in Washington and Bullitt county. Put your tarps up Davers
Your "Farm" must be near a creek as most of Taylor County looks dry. A Neighbor said something the other day, that he hopes we receive some good rain soon, as his pasture is becoming dry, and the creek's water level is low.

Stone Branch

10 pointer
Jun 27, 2019
Lewis county, KY
Just dry enough to have a forest fire here.

DSC04548 (1200 x 800).jpg

G

Little FR

12 pointer
Nov 10, 2021
West Kentucky
I’m in far western KY as well. I’m debating on field-tiling my garden area so I can get the water off and get it broken finally. It’s been the wettest few months I can ever recall.

Latest posts