Need Some Rain, DRY!

davers

12 pointer
Jul 14, 2014
Kentucky
I got 3/4” last night, it was mixed with hail and all fell in about 20 minutes. Trees and limbs down everywhere. Haven’t had the nerve to look at garden yet.
We escaped the wind & hail, but we had a lot of "Cloud-to Ground" lightning!! Wish we would have received at least an inch of rain though. 0.23" doesn't go too far.

HuntressOfLight

12 pointer
Nov 23, 2019
Guarding my lovely bluebirds
We escaped the wind & hail, but we had a lot of "Cloud-to Ground" lightning!! Wish we would have received at least an inch of rain though. 0.23" doesn't go too far.

I awakened at some point in time during the wee hours to the delightful sounds of a powerful storm and immediately fell back to sleep. The deck is filthy yet again, for it all. I have given-up on staining it, until later within the summer. Paducah Airport recorded 0.37 over the course of a two hour period beginning around midnight. We had not had any rain since Monday, before now, and such was a welcomed break, but I still have tons more weeds within flowerbeds to deal with; thus, such shall greatly assist with thoroughly removing them, roots and all without wasting water in order to manage the feat. More may be incoming per forecast.

DAY ONE...Today and Tonight

Scattered strong to severe storms with damaging winds and large
hail will be possible late this afternoon and into this evening.
Locally heavy rainfall could also be a concern.

.DAYS TWO THROUGH SEVEN...Monday through Saturday

A chance of thunderstorms returns for the Tuesday night through
Saturday time frame. A few strong to severe storms may be possible
from time to time, with isolated hail and strong wind gusts the
primary hazards. The primary hazards, however, will be locally
heavy rain, capable of producing flooding, as well as dangerous
lightning.

.SPOTTER INFORMATION STATEMENT...

Spotter activation may be required later this afternoon and into
this evening.

Last edited:

keeruss8

6 pointer
Jun 19, 2016
Marrowbone
I'm guessing we got about 3/4" here in Cumberland county. It was a nice light and steady rain for about 2 hours. Just the kind you hope for!

Latest posts