New Bow

chiphunt

Fawn
Nov 14, 2016
I have the V3 31 inch. Thing is on these Mathews bows the cams are very big so even though the riser length is shorter the string angle isn't bad at all. They aren't like a normal 29" bow and they certainly don't shoot like one. They talk about this on the Mathews website. I came from a 34" Hoyt Carbon Defiant and I can tell very little difference in the string angle on the 31 inch Mathews V3 because of how the cams are designed. My draw length is 30".

carnivore

12 pointer
Nov 17, 2007
Ky
I have the V3 31 inch. Thing is on these Mathews bows the cams are very big so even though the riser length is shorter the string angle isn't bad at all. They aren't like a normal 29" bow and they certainly don't shoot like one. They talk about this on the Mathews website. I came from a 34" Hoyt Carbon Defiant and I can tell very little difference in the string angle on the 31 inch Mathews V3 because of how the cams are designed. My draw length is 30".
I”ll add that when drawn my old 31” outback limbs probably pull in far more than my new 29” bow but ill have to see which kid of mine has the guts to put tape on it while im drawn lol. Might take a few pics and measure string angle, im curious.
A730E9DF-C16B-4653-A8C1-113CD761078E.jpeg

Last edited:

carnivore

12 pointer
Nov 17, 2007
Ky
New bow sighted in and ready to do some harvesting? Happy with your upgrade?
Yes. I did change it from 70 to 65lbs but so far so good. It shoots like a dream, at least in regards to what im looking for. 70 wasn't bad but id like to be able to shoot it a lot before tiring. I do need to adjust my peep now that the string is broke in. Just haven’t had time to pop back into the bowshop. Work has been brutal and im renovating a newly acquired property.

Last edited: