New Rig

Drahts

12 pointer
Apr 7, 2015
KY
Was looking used but momma told me to go new. Was shopping for a while, was doing all I could to stay away from anything White River (Ass Pro Shops) owned. So came down to Caymas, Skeeter, Bass Cat, Phoenix and Lund. Not a fan of the live wells on the Bass Cat, Lund priced themselves out in the last 3 years, Caymas were high high $$. Decided on 18.6' and really liked the rides I've had in Phoenix boats before and decided on a 818 Pro. Smallest on it I could get was a 150. But rig came in early Dec. Still gotta break it in. I'll post some pics below. So for you guys that fish some colder weather, what do you recommend for Bibs. Been looking at the AFTCO Hydronauts and Barricades. Thought I'd see what others use.

IMG_4207.jpg
IMG_4208.jpg
IMG_4211.jpg

ribsplitter

Cyber-Hunter
Jan 19, 2004
Greenup, ky, USA.
Nice looking rig, you might as well break it in right. Take it to the Marina, and run up to Newcombe and back. I'm still wearing an old 100 mph suit, can't really help with that one.

slobear

12 pointer
Nov 20, 2014
Trump town, USA
Great looking rig! I have Cabelas guide suit (the quality one) but if it’s real cold I always wear my hunting gear.

I hear people talk about the big name fishing attire constantly but I’m not a fan in winter. If it’s really cold I wear carhart.

Feedman

Cyber-Hunter
May 28, 2003
In the basement
Nice Boat
My neighbor has a Phoenix an it is great to fish out of. If you night fish, get the blue lights put around the outside of the boat

Last edited:

Latest posts