Opening morning

RLWEBB

12 pointer
Nov 30, 2005
Staffordsville, KY
Heavy rain and snow here at daylight. I may sit in the truck if it is doing that at 5:30. I don’t want to get my shit wet walking in.
Killed my biggest buck after getting soaked from daylight until around 10 or so when it quit. I’ll check the weather early and decide from there. Looking like we should be dry here until 9:30 or 10 so maybe I’ll hunt from daylight until the rain starts. I’m off all next week and then a couple days the week after so I’ve got time.

xbokilla

12 pointer
Jun 28, 2012
My pops who’ll be 81 in the spring, just had surgery on both eyes early October, is gonna drive an hour north to meet me at my house in the morning then we’ll head to the woods. Another good hour before setup. There’s ya some motivation!

Last edited:

WaterDog88

12 pointer
Jul 28, 2008
Kentucky
I’ve got my tree umbrella and a poncho packed in my day pack. I can keep myself and my gear semi dry with those things. I’m packing a synthetic stock -06 with a rattle can paint job so I’m not concerned about my rifle getting wet

bgkyarcher

12 pointer
Aug 23, 2011
BG
Killed my biggest buck after getting soaked from daylight until around 10 or so when it quit. I’ll check the weather early and decide from there. Looking like we should be dry here until 9:30 or 10 so maybe I’ll hunt from daylight until the rain starts. I’m off all next week and then a couple days the week after so I’ve got time.
I get it, but I ain't doing it no more.........

xbokilla

12 pointer
Jun 28, 2012
Don’t let the weather keep you away. It’s awful here. Snow would be an improvement. Y’all know I don’t hunt the best of places and saw a nice buck running a doe right at 8est. Then had a button grunting like crazy almost climb in the blind. It’ll be slow but things are happening. Those of you with several good bucks may just get one today!

Little FR

12 pointer
Nov 10, 2021
West Kentucky
I’ve got my tree umbrella and a poncho packed in my day pack. I can keep myself and my gear semi dry with those things. I’m packing a synthetic stock -06 with a rattle can paint job so I’m not concerned about my rifle getting wet
My rifles 104 years old. If it survived two world wars it’ll handle some snow melting into the action.

I did pull the bolt and wipe it down after this morning 🤣. Put an ear plug in the muzzle, snow kept building up in the front sight housing.

Latest posts