Pissing in scrapes

FF/EMT516

10 pointer
Nov 22, 2020
Caneyville, Ky
All urine turns to ammonia after a little while anyways so I don’t see why it matters. I think it would work just as good. The initial smell would obviously be different. I used to be strictly against peeing in the woods until recently after I read some on it and started thinking about it. I’ll still use bottles in gun season but that’ll be because I’ll be in my box stand and don’t want to pee in the floor.

Meatstick

12 pointer
Oct 25, 2013
Washington County
All urine turns to ammonia after a little while anyways so I don’t see why it matters. I think it would work just as good. The initial smell would obviously be different. I used to be strictly against peeing in the woods until recently after I read some on it and started thinking about it. I’ll still use bottles in gun season but that’ll be because I’ll be in my box stand and don’t want to pee in the floor.
Got a corner funnel and gutter in one of mine lol. Shoulda seen my wife tryin to use it last year lol

woodsman92

10 pointer
Feb 16, 2019
Russell Co
Works great. I make mock scrapes and piss in them and refresh them every time I walk by. Get quite a few pics on them of multiple bucks. I got pics of coyotes squatting in them and pissing also

xbokilla

12 pointer
Jun 28, 2012
This, like many threads, has come full circle as we’ve covered the scrape pee time and time again. It’s funny though, how theories have changed. I didn’t start deer hunting until like my mid20s which was late 90s. All the people I talked to that deer hunted a lot were like, “Make sure you have a piss bottle! Those SOBs will smell you a mile away!” I wonder what those folks are saying these days? “Let er rip! I’ve been pissin in scrapes my whole life!” LOL.

Latest posts