Plumbing question greyline or septic

carnivore

12 pointer
Nov 17, 2007
Ky
What must be septic vs greyline? Ideally id like to only run a toilet to my septic tank and greyline everything else (laundry, showers, sinks.)

ribsplitter

Cyber-Hunter
Jan 19, 2004
Greenup, ky, USA.

(17)​

"Greywater" or "graywater":

(a)​

Means wastewater generated by hygiene activities including wastewater from laundry, lavatory sinks, showers, bath tubs, and laundry tubs, but excluding kitchen sinks and food preparation sinks; and

(b)​

Does not mean or include blackwater.

carnivore

12 pointer
Nov 17, 2007
Ky

(17)​

"Greywater" or "graywater":

(a)​

Means wastewater generated by hygiene activities including wastewater from laundry, lavatory sinks, showers, bath tubs, and laundry tubs, but excluding kitchen sinks and food preparation sinks; and

(b)​

Does not mean or include blackwater.

Perfect! Plus if the women of the house have the bathrooms tied up looks like i can use the kitchen sink.

Little FR

12 pointer
Nov 10, 2021
West Kentucky
If you want to do it right you could rock in a lateral line just for the grey water. If you have several bathrooms/short lateral you may have to put a 55gallon drum in line with water in top and lateral out bottom to give it time to leach.

I tied my grey water and kitchen sink into septic. My yard was destroyed enough at that point.

carnivore

12 pointer
Nov 17, 2007
Ky
THAT would extend your septic tank life to Infinity. Bleach, Strong Detergents and too much soap destroys the bacteria in septic tanks.
Illegal most places
This place also has a 5k gallon cistern i figured if the septic system was busted i could use it as a holding tank (toilets and kitchen sink only) and have it pumped every 5 years. This would keep the crap out of the clay soil that dont leach worth a crap and be cheap and clean, but they wont allow it. Makes too much sense i suppose.

Cornpile

12 pointer
Dec 1, 2006
Kornfield County,KY
I used a septic tank at my last home for over ten tears. Put a box of this in once
a month. Never had a bit of trouble. My lagoon was clear and ordorless. I had
a bumper crop of frogs that lived in it.....
1.jpg

bigbonner

12 pointer
Aug 5, 2015
Perfect! Plus if the women of the house have the bathrooms tied up looks like i can use the kitchen sink.
I have that problem all the time, and there is just two of us.
I only put one bathroom in my house because it was just me and my wife.
I can get up and have to do #2 and next thing my wife rolls to the door saying please hurry up.
Sometimes I believe we are on the same schedule. There have been lots of times she would be in there and I have had to go #1 and run outside to let it fly.

Little FR

12 pointer
Nov 10, 2021
West Kentucky
I have that problem all the time, and there is just two of us.
I only put one bathroom in my house because it was just me and my wife.
I can get up and have to do #2 and next thing my wife rolls to the door saying please hurry up.
Sometimes I believe we are on the same schedule. There have been lots of times she would be in there and I have had to go #1 and run outside to let it fly.
I’m about ready to keep a toothbrush in the kitchen. I can go outside or at work but I can’t brush my teeth under those conditions.